Nelson Holsters

Nelson Holsters

This is a discussion on Nelson Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After 26 years of pocket or iwb carry I bought my second owb holster . I was not happy with the first production holster and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Nelson Holsters

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar

Nelson Holsters

After 26 years of pocket or iwb carry I bought my second owb holster . I was not happy with the first production holster and was lucky to find a guy in our area making holsters that helped me and my wife with a kinda off one off pair of holsters at a fair price. Nelson Holsters in Lenior NC
    What he made me was a kind of cross draw for strong side carry that also has a flap that goes over your pants and belt that keeps it sucked up tight to your body over time. It was built for a 3 1/2" kahr but I have been carry'n a tp40 kahr with its 4" barrel at a 2:10 position and being able to sit and drive with it is a great feature.

Wifes and my holster with her bersa and my tp40

Flap

Nelson Holsters

https://www.facebook.com/Nelson.holsters
    WHEC724 likes this.

Nice looking leather work!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Good looking holsters. I like the color as well.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

He has only been doing this as a business for 6 months or so but learned the trade from an uncle I think and now owns the rights to the patterns.

These are also hand stitched holsters. Not machine done.

Good start. The wrinkles at the muzzle suggest that your chap has forced his mould into the wet holster by banging on the muzzle of the holster:

from the muzzle.jpg

It's also possible that the leather was wetter than ideal; a dip into warm water (not hotter than comfortable to the hand) for literally a few seconds, then "bagging" it for half hour, is the ideal.

He can eliminate that by forcing the mould into the wet holster by ALWAYS banging on the rear of the pistol (grip and slide on an auto; grip only on a revolver):

from the slide.jpg

Perhaps he'd value having this info from you.
    gasmitty likes this.
    Red (Richard) Nichols

VIP Member
    Very nice i do like the look .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

No he did not force anything. I did when I reliased I could carry my tp40 in it with no interference when seating. You would have picked that up in my tread if you read it and thought about it.
    Y do know the ole say'n about ass-um anything. I did say it was made for the 3 1/2" barrel kahr . If you had payed attention and asked a question or two instead of making some bad judgement calls I could also tell you may cw9 kahr has had a bit of extra tapering to the nose so it fit that pistol just right in the holster.

thanks welder He does nice work .

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Pretty good looking holsters!

hardluk1, Are you from Lenoir?
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
    No he did not force anything. I did when I reliased I could carry my tp40 in it with no interference when seating. You would have picked that up in my tread if you read it and thought about it.
    Y do know the ole say'n about ass-um anything. I did say it was made for the 3 1/2" barrel kahr . If you had payed attention and asked a question or two instead of making some bad judgement calls I could also tell you may cw9 kahr has had a bit of extra tapering to the nose so it fit that pistol just right in the holster.

thanks welder He does nice work .

Thank you again sir and im glad you explained the muzzle end of the one holster.
    I have been making holsters since 2009 but just started selling to the public about 6 or 7 months ago. And yes i learned alot from my Great Uncle he forgot more about holster making than any of us will probably ever know.

Sponsor
    Oh btw im the guy hardluk1 is talking about.

Y do know the ole say'n about ass-um anything. I did say it was made for the 3 1/2" barrel kahr . If you had payed attention and asked a question or two instead of making some bad judgement calls I could also tell you may cw9 kahr has had a bit of extra tapering to the nose so it fit that pistol just right in the holster. thanks welder He does nice work .
    Ah, then it was YOUR mistake. Glad to hear that the maker wasn't responsible, just the user :-)
    shadowwalker likes this.
    Red (Richard) Nichols

ce pine. Tundra5.7 No , I'm up in Burnsville nc

red Like I said before IF you had read better and payed attention may have been able to figure it out OR asked a question in a not so condescending manner.. I did use a little pure lanolin and the very bottom edge to soft it and a newer photo would look smoother now.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    ce pine. Tundra5.7 No , I'm up in Burnsville nc

red Like I said before IF you had read better and payed attention may have been able to figure it out OR asked a question in a not so condescending manner.. I did use a little pure lanolin and the very bottom edge to soft it and a newer photo would look smoother now.

I know the area pretty well. Did a lot of running around in East TN near Johnson City.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    " It was built for a 3 1/2" kahr but I have been carry'n a tp40 kahr with its 4" barrel at a 2:10 position and being able to sit and drive with it is a great feature. "

Hardluk1, in Reds defense, nothing in what you said implies you caused the wrinkles. Red knows a thing or two about holster making and was simply passing on an observation, whether accurate or not. No need to get snippy. I don't think he has any reading comprehension skill deficiencies.

Very nice looking holster, Fdisk.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Hahaha! Red is making friends again! Nice looking holster, by the way!
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links