Nemesis

Nemesis

This is a discussion on Nemesis within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered one for my 642. Good price. Anybody using one for this gun? I will eventually get a Mika but for now needed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Nemesis

Nemesis

I just ordered one for my 642. Good price. Anybody using one for this gun? I will eventually get a Mika but for now needed a cheap pocket holster.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I don't have a Nemesis, but I have a Mika and an Uncle Mike's #3 for my 642. I had a suede Nemesis that came with a S&W Bodyguard 380 but I just recently sold my BG380. I liked the Nemesis for that little pistol, I used it often.

I really like my Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster for the 642. Honestly I use that more than the Mika. I would recommend it highly. Especially since it's only 13 bucks. For me the Mika is too bulky. I was debating on whether or not to go for the reinforced mouth on the Mika which comes standard on his holsters. After swapping emails with Robert Mika I went with the reinforced top because he described it as flexable. At first it didn't bother me but after comparing it to the Uncle Mike's it's annoyingly bulky in comparison. I hate to bad mouth Mika holsters because he is a great guy to deal with. I will probably order another from him in the near future but this time no reinforced top. Other than that he makes a great quality holster and I would definitely recommend them MINUS the reinforced top but that's just my personal opinion.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

VIP Member
    I have a Nemisis for a keltec P11 and I have used it for one of my snubs, and it works fine.
    I don't think you would need another holster, but, what do I know?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I use one for my LCR. It makes a nice grab and go rig when I run to the store. I wear it appendix.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Nemesis

Feinstein

Oh heck, sorry. Thought I was on the Word Association thread.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I have pocket carried a 642 in either a Nemesis or a Mika round cut for years. The cut of the pants pocket determines which holster is used that day. One holster will ride better in certain pockets than others. I find the Nemesis will ride a little lower in the pocket than the Mika. Both do a nice job. You can't go wrong with either for your J Frame.

Cheers.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

I have a Nemesis for my Ruger LCR and carry it every day for pocket carry. No problems with it whatsoever. I've used it for IWB a couple of times and it has worked fine for that. I like it better than the Remora, which I also own, but maybe I need to give the Remora some more time.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I have all three holsters, uncle mikes, nemesis and the mika. I use the uncle mikes the most, however I have a remora for my keltec that I like a lot for pocket carry. Im thinking of ordering one for my J frames.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    I don't have a Nemesis, but I have a Mika and an Uncle Mike's #3 for my 642. I had a suede Nemesis that came with a S&W Bodyguard 380 but I just recently sold my BG380. I liked the Nemesis for that little pistol, I used it often.

I really like my Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster for the 642. Honestly I use that more than the Mika. I would recommend it highly. Especially since it's only 13 bucks. For me the Mika is too bulky. I was debating on whether or not to go for the reinforced mouth on the Mika which comes standard on his holsters. After swapping emails with Robert Mika I went with the reinforced top because he described it as flexable. At first it didn't bother me but after comparing it to the Uncle Mike's it's annoyingly bulky in comparison. I hate to bad mouth Mika holsters because he is a great guy to deal with. I will probably order another from him in the near future but this time no reinforced top. Other than that he makes a great quality holster and I would definitely recommend them MINUS the reinforced top but that's just my personal opinion.
    Interesting, when did DeSantis start offering the Nemesis® in suede?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Interesting, when did DeSantis start offering the Nemesis® in suede?
    It came with the S&W Bodyguard 380 when I purchased it from Cabelas last year. It had a S&W logo on it. The package was called the carry package I believe. It included an extra mag as well.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Luke 22:36,38 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
    38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Nemesis

I use it some times with a LCP or a bodyguard. I prefer Wallet holsters as they are thinner still

Lighten Up Francis.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Just got one for the XDS. NICE little rig, simple . Works well in the pocket, very fast pocket draw and on target. Tried it as an IWB, crossdraw, very fast, muzzle on target . Not noticeable shifting while walking, bending , milling about smartly. As a previous poster noted, perfect for grab and go. It is not perfect, and what is? Except Glocks,right?

Anyway, I am told there'll be one for those XDS with a Crimson trace laser in the bear future. I am getting a second one for the J frame. Still no word on the pocket rig for the 155.

OD*
    It came with the S&W Bodyguard 380 when I purchased it from Cabelas last year. It had a S&W logo on it. The package was called the carry package I believe. It included an extra mag as well.
    Thanks, must have been a special run just for Smith.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

I started out with a Nemesis for my J frames and even tried their Superfly holster, but eventually I ended up with a Mika. I recently got a Remora because it was on sale and I wanted to see if it lived up to the talk I'd read here and other places. It's good (the material actually seems similar to the Superfly), but the Mika still beats them all.

Ex Member

Could not have said it better. With the #3 holster it is thin enough to melt into your pocket. EVERYTHING else adds too much bulk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links