Sholder holster recommend for Kimber Ultra CDP II (3")

This is a discussion on Sholder holster recommend for Kimber Ultra CDP II (3") within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Kimber Ultra CDP II and have always carried IWB. Each winter (when I start wearing jackets and spending more time in the ...

Thread: Sholder holster recommend for Kimber Ultra CDP II (3")

Question Sholder holster recommend for Kimber Ultra CDP II (3")

I have a Kimber Ultra CDP II and have always carried IWB. Each winter (when I start wearing jackets and spending more time in the vehicle), I always say I'm going to get a shoulder holster for more comfort...but then I never do. Now I think it's time. Wearing a jacket for cover, I think a shoulder holster would just be more comfortable and easier to deal with.

I always prefer leather. What's the one to try first? Knowing they aren't cheap, I'd like to make an educated first purchase. Anyone have the Kimber 3" or similar that could make a good recommendation of something you're real happy with. I'm 5'10" and 200lbs if that matters. Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

I have one for my full size 1911, made for me by Red Nichols, through HighNoon Holsters. Can't imagine anything better in a shoulder rig.
    Certified Infidel

I carry my 1911 full size in a Alessi Bodyguard; excellent holster for $215 from Brownells. HOWEVER, if you have the funds Red Nichols holsters are THE top of line.

I own both Alessi and Galco and could not be happier. They are both great rigs that I EDC all winter. I wear the Galco most as it is for the gun I prefer.

I have a full size 5" Kimber that I carry in a Galco Miami Classic II when riding my motorcycle or driving long distances in my truck or just sitting around the house. I love it! Check out Galco's web site or any number of other dealer's websites that carry Galco products.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Galco Miami Classic. Or the Galco Jackass rigs.

I have two Miami Classics. One for a Glock 19, and the other was for a SIG 2340.

They work great, look great, chicks dig em, and Don Johnson wore them in Miami Vice. Oh yeahhhhhh, Playah.

What about the Andrews leather Monarch? The additional, lower backstrap seems to be a good idea. Then there's no need for tie-downs?
    Are you Galco users having to use tie-downs? I like the Miami Classic II, but don't want tie-downs really. Any thoughts?

Here's mine, a vertical shoulder holster I use for my Glock-36 on long trips.
    Gun on one side, and a one mag holder on the other side...works for me.

(zf) #70 VERTICAL SHOULDER HOLSTER
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Well the tie downs are attached to the holster on one side, and the mag pouches on the other, and yes, I use them. I think its a very comfortable & well thought out design.

I have had several over the years but the only one I kept is the horizontal hybrid for my G-36 (nylon/leather) Bianchi. Not a big fan of shoulder holsters but they do have their place and I occasionally wear it in the winter. Good luck!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

I wear my Bodyguard as high up into the armpit as comfort allows. Never needed tie downs, on either the Alessi or the Galco.

I just got a handmade shoulder holster from this person yesterday. It is great. CCS Gunwear

Links