Question about carry holsters

This is a discussion on Question about carry holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a Blackhawk tuckable holster Size 6. It said for 2" barrel revolvers and Kahr, keltec, and Ruger 380s. You can wear it concealed ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By SHTFGearLLC
  • 1 Post By luvmy40
  • 3 Post By archer51
  • 1 Post By Mike1956

Thread: Question about carry holsters

Question about carry holsters

I bought a Blackhawk tuckable holster Size 6. It said for 2" barrel revolvers and Kahr, keltec, and Ruger 380s. You can wear it concealed with your shirt tucked in because you can tuck your shirt between the holster and the clip. I love this idea and it is real comfortable. My only problem, and I think it is a big one, is my Kahr380, Ruger380, and by two snubbies all feel like they are not secure enough in the holster.
    My question is, does anyone else this kind of IWB holster? I know I did a lousy job of describing the holster, but am hoping someone here is familiar with it and can help me out.

2. Remove Ads

It should be fine. When you put it on and get it all set with your belt tightened it will pull it up against your body. This should put enough pressure on it for you to feel that it is secure in the holster.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Buy a hybrid like an alien gear. Completely adjustable for fit cant and tension.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds dearly the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Sponsor
    I'm not familiar with that particular holster, however I can say that the feeling of it not being secure is really common with generic holsters that are designed to fit such a wide range of handguns. a 380 and a 2" revolver are entirely different shapes.

I would suggest going for a holster made specifically for the gun, it will be a lot more secure.

-Clay
    robhic and oldman45 like this.
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

Sponsor
    What Clay said!
    SHTFGearLLC likes this.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

VIP Member
    I have several tuckable holsters. The problem your having is because the holster is suppose to fit multiple guns. Buy a quality holster, designed for your gun. Contrary to what they try and say, One Size doesn't fit all.
    SHTFGearLLC, robhic and oldman45 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Texron View Post
    My only problem, and I think it is a big one, is my Kahr380, Ruger380, and by two snubbies all feel like they are not secure enough in the holster.
    Feels insecure, or actually is insecure?

You can try shaking the holster in your hand, doing rough-and-tumble activities and the like, to see whether it's got a shaky grip on the gun. Should have a positive, solid grip on it, no matter the holster. If it doesn't, and if that holster is specifically formed for that particular gun, then IMO you should speak with the maker of the holster. And if you're doing such activities where you're concerned about unintentional release or removal of the gun, a thumb break feature might be worth considering for your next holster purchase.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texron View Post
    I bought a Blackhawk tuckable holster Size 6. It said for 2" barrel revolvers and Kahr, keltec, and Ruger 380s. You can wear it concealed with your shirt tucked in because you can tuck your shirt between the holster and the clip. I love this idea and it is real comfortable. My only problem, and I think it is a big one, is my Kahr380, Ruger380, and by two snubbies all feel like they are not secure enough in the holster.
    My question is, does anyone else this kind of IWB holster? I know I did a lousy job of describing the holster, but am hoping someone here is familiar with it and can help me out.
    1. this is why I don't like using one size fits all generic holsters. If you can, get a holster made for your specific model of gun.
    2. yes, there are a ton of tuckable holsters out there. I have 3 from Foxx, myself. Tuckable IWB holsters usually have the clip attached to the holster at the bottom edge. That's the easiest way to spot one.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

VIP Member
    Size 6 Blackhawk is all the description we needed. I recommend against any holster which depends on belt tension to provide pistol retention.
    oldman45 likes this.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Links