Firearmholster.com great holster

This is a discussion on Firearmholster.com great holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just wanted to post up that dealing with Gavin at Firearmholster.com was absolutely flawless. This holster so far is really, really comfortable. The suede/flannel backing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Firearmholster.com great holster

Just wanted to post up that dealing with Gavin at Firearmholster.com was absolutely flawless. This holster so far is really, really comfortable. The suede/flannel backing is soft and you barely notice you are wearing it. After a solid 16hrs of wearing it has already formed to my shape and sr40c fits perfectly. They only had the sr9c, but the 40c fits without any issues. I'll be curious to see how the thin rubber sheet helps with summertime sweat.

Stitching is heavy, leather is quality, and price was under $50. If your looking for a new IWB or OWB holster try one of these for yourself. I'll report back in a few weeks of wear and see how it's holding up.

Kennydale likes this.

What was the turnaround time ?

1 week to my door. He was busy, but got it here quick.

nice !

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Looks good and quick service to boot.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

I bought one from Gavin from the XD forums. I agree it is well made and fit my XDm very well.

However, just a word of caution if you intend to use it OWB without the clips. I asked Gavin to leave the clips off and not punch the leather because I was going to use it as a OWB holster exclusively. The leather is not stiff enough to carry the weight. Perhaps it is a combination of the height of where the pistol is carried, but it wants to flop over. It will not stay tight to my body no matter the tension of the belt.

For the price and turnaround time, IMO he would be better served to drop the belt loops and just have it be an IWB hybrid holster.

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Good looking holster, and you can't beat the turnaround time.
    I kind of like the IWB/OWB option that it comes with.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Appreciate that. I have an SR40C and i am leery about holsters (Especially kydex) that claim SR9C/40C
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

How is retention on that rig? I've found that blocking out the ejection port and not allowing the Kydex to form retention there is beneficial not only to a proper draw, but also to not eat away at the finish on the slide.

I am not making hybrid holsters though, only working in full Kydex so possibly having the unformed leather backing negates needing to block the port off on a hybrid rig. Just wondering about this specific holster.

Retention is fine.

I've worn this holster now for a few weeks and can't say enough how great it is. Retention is tight, but not to tight. The backing material makes a world of difference in EDC. I am a HVAC contractor and move around all day. This holster is by far the best out of the several I own.
    I do not have any issues with drawing. Like any new holster and the way the kydex and leather are cut. It does take getting used to what you have. I have not tried wearing it as a OWB, really don't have a need at this point.

I'm not sure how well known firearmholster.com is, but they should get a look if your in the market for an IWB holster. Great product that deserves to be mentioned with the big names.

Always worried about holsters with really thick leather backings. Makes the gun print a lot more because (a) it's thicker and (b) it's stiffer so it pushes against a person's body more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can say printing isn't an issue at all. I wear polo style company shirts.

That's a nice looking holster. It has the high kydex that I've come to require from all of my IWB holsters, I love that feature. I may have to pick on up next time a need a new holster and check them out.

I'm going to take a look and maybe can swing a new holster just like I need one more, thanks for info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links