IWB mag holster... Is there such thing?

This is a discussion on IWB mag holster... Is there such thing? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a single mag holster, preferably kydex, but just about any good material would work. I want it to be just like my ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DetChris
  • 1 Post By Phaedrus

Thread: IWB mag holster... Is there such thing?

IWB mag holster... Is there such thing?

I'm looking for a single mag holster, preferably kydex, but just about any good material would work. I want it to be just like my Alien Gear IWB Holster with the clip that holds it in place. Does anybody know where I could find one?

2. Remove Ads

Milt Sparks offers them. Leather. I do believe TT Gunleather offers them as well. Depending on what kind of gun you run, they may even have it in stock, but don't hold your breath. Check both makers on ebay, and I think gunbroker has a Sparks IWB double mag pouch right now.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    I have one from Comp Tac. I don't recommend them (the style, not Comp-Tac, they're good). I find them really uncomfortable. They are so narrow they don't spread the pressure out like an IWB gun does. That said, it might be different depending on position and body type.

VIP Member
    While I am not familiar with Alien Gear equipment here is a tuckable IWB mag carrier that I use.

IWB Tuckable Mag Carrier
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I just ordered one from Bravo Holsters, ETA is a week so I'll update once I get it

Foxx holsters makes IWB mag holsters

Magazine Carriers
    GlassWolf likes this.

VIP Member

Bianchi makes a very nice IWB mag pouch. Do a quick search on Amazon.
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

I don't like IWB mag carriers at all, my luck has been lousy with them. As Brocktice says they're narrow so they concentrate pressure on that 2" wide spot- you're cinching down the gun and everything else onto that hot spot. They also make my pants too tight; there's room in my jeans for me and my gun but adding mag pouches takes up too much space. Lastly it makes the whole rig unstable for me. I wear nothing but Underarmor type underwear, polypropylene or polyester, very slick material. The gun still leaves enough contact with my jeans under the belt to keep things in place but adding a mag pouch makes my pants want to slide down or ride up when I draw.
    brocktice likes this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

I just saw Versa Carry, the minimalist "holster" (actually a rod goes up the barrel and a clip goes on your belt) is making a minimalist mag carrier. It looks interesting in that it clips to the magazine lips similar to the "holster" concept and clips to your belt IWB. Looks like a neat idea. Versacarry® | Concealed Carry Holsters
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Well-designed mag carriers ride high on your belt. They can be made clip-on or belt thru styles. If your cover garment conceals your gun it will also conceal a mag carrier. And are much more comfortable than the IWB types. You might consider this option before you buy.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

VIP Member
    I'm with Phaedrus, when I'm carrying IWB the only thing I want in my pants other than my gun is my junk....

Links