Ladies, I need your advice...

This is a discussion on Ladies, I need your advice... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Mrs Cthruit is getting a G19 for Christmas. She's been eyeing one for a while, and wants to carry a little bit more gun from ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Ladies, I need your advice...

Mrs Cthruit is getting a G19 for Christmas. She's been eyeing one for a while, and wants to carry a little bit more gun from time to time. Holsters for women is somewhat outside my realm of expertise. I OWB carry 90% of the time, but I have decent, heavy belts that will tote a gun around.

My wife does not. She does wear jeans on the weekend, but other pants and skirts more often. She has a holster purse but thinks she wants to carry on her body. I'm thinking a paddle arrangemtn (Blackhawk or similar) and I've already ordered an N82, simply because I've kind of fallen in love with them. SHe's tried one for my G17 and thought it was ok. The smaller G19 should be much better than that.

What do the ladies run when wearing "normal" street clothes? Any suggestions appreciated.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I bought my DIL one of these...cut to better fit a woman's waist...she picked it out (I forget which one), but she loves it.
    She had to begin appreciating the use of a belt...some women do not like belts, but she's over that as she really wanted to carry her firearm.
    To do that, she needed a good belt AND a good holster. She fine with it now...she OC's whenever she not at work. I'm proud of the little lady.

(zu) LADYFIST HOLSTERS
    patri0t and gatorbait51 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Whenever I carry my G19 I OC in a BH Serpa with paddle mount.

Sara Lou
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you lost...

Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn...

It never gets easier, you just get stronger...

My wife likes these: Concealed Carry Products for Women ? The Well Armed Woman

But most often uses her CCW purse over her head and under an arm w cable reinforced strap. Like this one on top, but with a longer strap. (cost about $220.)
    Concealed Carry
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

It is possible that your wife would not like any of the below, but thought I'd share what works for me.

I have a kydex, older model, that is really nice. It is very minimal: Just fits the gun - no paddle, no extra leather, etc. A lot of the holsters that others recommend make the gun sit way too high for me to be able to draw because of arthritis. I carry at "around 2:30" which is the best position for me also for drawing and getting the gun on target quickly. Also, anything with a paddle is extremely uncomfortable for me.

I also have a Remora which I wear most of the time because most of the time I'm wearing jeans or similar tighter pants. The Remora is so comfortable that I almost don't feel like I'm wearing a gun. BUT I've been wearing a gun for so many years that even the Kydex holster is not a problem (except when I slouch while sitting down).

I also have a soft suede that is IWB with a good clip. It has a retention strap which is necessary with that soft material.
    cthruit likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Distinguished Member
    My wife is a purse gal. She carries when we go hunting and fishing with outside the waist. She just can't get comfortable with a wide belt. She does have a under carry shirt a fitted tshirt made of lycra that she carries her smith wheel gun in it is an airweight.

Holsters are cheaper than purses.

She might try the magnetic closure holster or a thunderware/pistolware style if she doesn't usually wear belts (check out Well Armed Woman )
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

My wife carries her G26 in a DeSantis Belly Band - works well for her and it's versatile. With a trigger guard holster (we have both the Raven Concealment Vanguard and the Dale Fricke Zacchaeus versions, not sure which she uses) she is comfortable with it and it conceals fine for her.

Austin

For skirts and pants without belts, I'm really liking compression shorts with built in holsters. A couple of brands make them, I just DIY'd some. They hug the gun close to the body really well. Plus, I added extra "pockets" to mine for spare mags or knives.
    Also for skirts/dresses, thigh holsters. Can Can Concealment makes some really awesome non-traditional holster options for women.
    cthruit likes this.

Distinguished Member Array denclaste's Avatar
    My wife just ordered a Kakadu Travel Vest with the concealed carry pockets. She just wont wear a belt. She's carrying a PX4 full size so its no mouse gun. She wants to try my Alessi Bodyguard shoulder holster; if that works to her liking I'll have to order one for her.

I originally purchased this OWB holster, then decided it would be perfect for IWB if I just added clips using Chicago screws from Tandy leather at my preferred carry height. It's my favorite holster, relatively small, and I don't mind wearing a belt. Summer carry I use a Remora with a sweat guard if I don't want a tank top underneath.

OWB holster, I prefer leather, got mine custom made at pinkpistolholsters. It's my "weekend" holster when I don't need to conceal.

Mrs. OP, I dislike purse carry immensely but I've had to resort to it when I'd wear skirts or beltless slacks. This past week I got a Remora holster and spandex dainties. The Remora is for my XD9SC which is similar to the G19. I slipped the Remora between my regular dainties and the spandex at 3-3:30 and a skirt over that. I also wore a loose top. Exceptional retention, comfort and draw. It never moved an inch. And, no printing whatsoever. The spandex dainties are of Wally World vintage. I like this better than Thunderwear because of the flexibility of placing my weapon in any clock position. I tried the bellyband route. I was very uncomfortable and it made me look....well, unflattering so I ditched it fast.

No more purse carry for skirts and beltless slacks!!! Now, to figure out dresses.

Oh, yeah and I would still also use my OWB or my CBST IWB as first choice if I can.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

Quote Originally Posted by DAO.Diva View Post
    Mrs. OP, I dislike purse carry immensely but I've had to resort to it when I'd wear skirts or beltless slacks. This past week I got a Remora holster and spandex dainties. The Remora is for my XD9SC which is similar to the G19. I slipped the Remora between my regular dainties and the spandex at 3-3:30 and a skirt over that. I also wore a loose top. Exceptional retention, comfort and draw. It never moved an inch. And, no printing whatsoever. The spandex dainties are of Wally World vintage. I like this better than Thunderwear because of the flexibility of placing my weapon in any clock position. I tried the bellyband route. I was very uncomfortable and it made me look....well, unflattering so I ditched it fast.

No more purse carry for skirts and beltless slacks!!! Now, to figure out dresses.

Oh, yeah and I would still also use my OWB or my CBST IWB as first choice if I can.
    She has a Remora that she's carried a PF-9 a bit...she purse carries most often, but I don't like that tactically. So, I've already ordered her the N82 Tactical since she has declared it comfortable. From there, we'll just have to see what she likes once she gets her "Christmas gun."
    I really appreciate everyone's imput...I've gotten some good ideas here.

Quote Originally Posted by DAO.Diva View Post
    What's a dress??????
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

I'm not a lady, but I find their holster demonstrations are more enjoyable than men's.

http://m.youtube.com/user/faliaphoto...liaphotography
    ...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure.

Captain Bellamy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links