Got my Alien Gear holster today... Initial thoughts

This is a discussion on Got my Alien Gear holster today... Initial thoughts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered the holster on 11/21 and got an email Monday (12/2) that it was shipping out. I got it in the mail today (12/4). ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Got my Alien Gear holster today... Initial thoughts

Got my Alien Gear holster today... Initial thoughts

I ordered the holster on 11/21 and got an email Monday (12/2) that it was shipping out. I got it in the mail today (12/4). Arizona to NE Indiana in 2 days is pretty good if you ask me!

The holster itself is very nice looking. Very thick leather and kydex, as they advertise.

When I first put it on, it was stiff, but I expected it to be. After about 10 minutes of wearing it around the house, I could feel it starting to relax and settle a little. I thought it was pretty uncomfortable at first until I found that position that fits me. Now, all I feel is the weight of the gun. I don't feel the holster or the gun at all.

This is the first holster I've ever purchased, as I just got my handgun permit and Ruger SR1911 CMD, so I'm just getting into concealed carry. So with this being my first experience, take my opinion for what it's worth. However, I think that I as first time user of a holster, not to mention an IWB, it truly says something about the holster if I'm already comfortable with it. I gotta do a little Christmas shopping after school Friday so I'm gonna wear it then. I'll know how much I really like it after that!

OlCop, sioux565 and Timmo1027 like this.

2. Remove Ads

mrm
    Very nice looking holster please keep us updated
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    Very nice looking holster please keep us updated
    Will do!

Yeah, I have one for my G19 that I almost wear daily and I order another shell for my XDm .45 4.5 and love it. I also have a Crossbreed Mini for my XDs .45 and I can compare that with the AG, when I wear it sometime it's hard to tell but like you said I feel the weight of the G19.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

I just received mine last week.

This is my first hybrid holster and when I pulled it outta the bag I thought: "No WAY this huge hunk of leather is going to A: fit in my pants and B: be comfortable."

Well, I was wrong on both counts. I've only worn it a few days "in the wild", but I wore the holster and a Kahr P9 all weekend in and around the house. Very comfortable, surprisingly.

Still a PITA to put on, so it ain't a good rig for quick or frequent on/off. Otherwise comfortable.

I do have a few gripes with the holster which I'll address in another thread.

Distinguished Member
    Very nice holsters, and nice people to deal with. Sure do like mine.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

how ironic , I've been carrying for 10 months and my 3rd holster was an alien gear and I have the SR1911 , wish i waited 2 months to buy mine (Nov 2012) to get the commander. But I love the Alien gear Holster. Wish they made mag holders, and a holster for my wife's charter arms.
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I was just going to order one for my new XDS 3.3 .45 .Cant beat the price compared to some of the others. Plus lead times on others is quite lengthy

Quote Originally Posted by palmcoaster View Post
    I was just going to order one for my new XDS 3.3 .45 .Cant beat the price compared to some of the others. Plus lead times on others is quite lengthy
    Some orders are being reported taking up to a month to receive, they have had a large increase in orders lately.

Mine took almost a month and I received it last week. Been great so far after it broke in. Just need to have an extra inch and a half or so of belt line as these tend to use up the waistline material of your pants.
    Hardly know it is there once setup right. Especially when standing. Can't beat MIC holster for sitting or driving though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Websniper View Post

Still a PITA to put on, so it ain't a good rig for quick or frequent on/off. Otherwise comfortable.
    I'm yet to find a Hybrid that was quick to get on and off with two clips, this is why I have a Remora holster for all of my pistols. I toss the Remora in the car or my bag, etc. That way if I have to leave it in the car or take it out at home I just leave the holster on throw the pistol in the Remora holster.
    Addictedhealer likes this.

It's a trade-off, like most other things. IMHO, the easier & convenient a holster is to get on & off when you want, the easier & INconvenient it's gonna' be...when you don't.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

When I saw the way the end of the kydex curled around the end of the muzzle, I thought I would like it. When my holster arrived, I foune out the mold they used must be misaligned and the curl on the end of the kydex prevented my pistol from going all the way into the holster. I had to take a Dremel to my new holster and grind off the curl so my pistol would fit. I was not at all impressed that I had to remove what I thought was a nice feature just to get my gun to drop all the way into the holster.

I think I'll stay with SHTF Gear, or Old Faithful holsters in the future.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Very nice, does the holster squeak or creak at all?

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Good looking holster. The pistol doesn't look too bad either!
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links