Recommend me a reasonably priced leather IWB reinforced holster

This is a discussion on Recommend me a reasonably priced leather IWB reinforced holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm wanting to get another holster to complement my Alien Gear holster. I looked at the Don Hume but I can't find a way to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Recommend me a reasonably priced leather IWB reinforced holster

I'm wanting to get another holster to complement my Alien Gear holster.

I looked at the Don Hume but I can't find a way to actually order the holster off their website!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Reasonably-priced is subjective, but this is my all-time favorite leather iwb:
    The Brommeland Max-Con V, (arguably) The Best IWB Holster On The Planet - YouTube
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

I don't know what your range is, but Brownell's sticks a selection of Milt Sparks Summer Special II's in natural cowhide. I have one in horsehide that I like very much and it does have reinforced opening.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    multistage and gatorbait51 like this.

I found a nice one for my Sig 238 from the Holster Store, it's one of those deep conceal ones as I'm small and don't have much in the way of belt real estate.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dhuffman View Post
    I found a nice one for my Sig 238 from the Holster Store, it's one of those deep conceal ones as I'm small and don't have much in the way of belt real estate.
    Just checked out the website and ordered this holster after looking for a few minutes. I'm going to see whether I like the Alien Gear or this one better. One is staying, one is going.

http://www.theholsterstore.net/Pro-C...procarryhd.htm
    gatorbait51 and tns0038 like this.

High Noon Holsters, Gun Holsters and Concealment Holsters Inexpensive to expenive you can look at a great selection of leather holsters of high quality and quick shipping for stock models. All the info you need (really!) to make an informed decision on a holster you will like. A lot.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Reasonable is a function of your income. You cannot assume that everyone has the same idea of what reasonable is. To me $100$150 is reasonable. What is reasonable to you?
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Not sure what reasonable means, but theis holsters are great quality and slightly cheaper than crossbreed, but same or better quality .
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    CC Gun: Springfield XD-S 9mm
    Other: Beretta Neos .22

Well, I spent 170 bucks on a Kramer MSP, and routinely spend 125+ on Milt Sparks holsters.

Now while I like shark trim and certainly prefer horsehide, both are an extravagance. 100 dollars for a cowhide holster with a steel reinforced mouth, hand boned and fitted, seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Trust me, holsters can be a pain to build, especially for extremely discriminating folks like us.

Those guys earn every nickel. And it would be worth it to you.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

The Galco Royal Guard (Horse Hide) is my favorite. It's comfortable and fits both my carry guns.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

Quote Originally Posted by haldermand View Post

I looked at the Don Hume but I can't find a way to actually order the holster off their website!
    There are people on E-Bay that have some Don Hume holsters. Type in Don Hume and the model you are looking for and you may find something.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    A person gets what they pay for. Pay $200-300 for one and you will enjoy it. Now one has to ask themselves if they will live long enough to get their money's worth out of such a holster.

I paid almost $100 for a IWB and it is better than my old one. Now I find features I wish it had. I want a open throat, a heavier back panel, belt loops and maybe exotic skin. There are some really nice ones in the exotic holster thread, which I think should be made into a sticky.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Just checked out the website and ordered this holster after looking for a few minutes. I'm going to see whether I like the Alien Gear or this one better. One is staying, one is going.

Pro Carry HD Leather Gun Holster
    I bought one for my Glock 30 and it has served me well. Are there "better' IWBs out there? Certainly, for added expense. It comes down to what you expect your holster to do--at any price.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old_Dog View Post
    Reasonable is a function of your income. You cannot assume that everyone has the same idea of what reasonable is. To me $100$150 is reasonable. What is reasonable to you?
    On another forum where I "live", most won't spend >$40 for a holster but expect to find a "great holster" for that sort of money!

I originally started with $15 generic leather holsters. Took me a long time to smarten up! Today it is Milt Sparks VMIIs exclusively.
    NRA Instructor

IMO, and better quality than Don Hume is Bullard. If you don't want fancy (lined, exotics) turn around time is quick.
    Sometimes, he has stock items on e-bay, but check out his web site.

Gun Leather, Concealment and Cowboy holsters, Azle, TX.

I looked at the web site, and he has a lot of "in stock" items.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links