Crossbreed belts vs Old Faithful

This is a discussion on Crossbreed belts vs Old Faithful within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been wearing an Old Faithful reinforced for about eight months. I absolutely love it! However my dad needs a gun belt. I'm planning a ...

Thread: Crossbreed belts vs Old Faithful

I've been wearing an Old Faithful reinforced for about eight months. I absolutely love it! However my dad needs a gun belt.
    I'm planning a Christmas present for him. I've seen a lot of second belts from CB but I'm not sure this is worth saving the money.
    I know my OF is one thick and stiff belt.
    How's Crossbreed?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I can only speak of a ridgidholsters belt, It's the only 1 I own, about same time as yours (8 months, 8 months and 2 days today by the date of picture) LOL. Love it to death, reinforced also although I heard it is not necessary. Hope this helps. The middle picture is vs. a 40.00 store bought belt. (Looks like an old timing belt compared to the ridgid). Both those belts are brand new in the picture.

P.S. That's a FS 40 attached to it.
    IMG_0007-001.JPGIMG_0005-001.JPGIMG_0001-001.JPG
    Last edited by ginzo; December 7th, 2013 at 04:00 PM. Reason: add text
    I carry a gun because a policeman is to heavy.
    M&P 40 FS
    M&P 40c
    S&W 638
    Ruger Security Six
    Ruger Speed Six

I can recommend two belts that I have had that I really like the best was comp Tec with a Kydex Center layer beautiful belt very well-made. The. high noon belt is a very good value and looks good with high-quality buckle

No experience with the other belt that you mention I have had one crossbreed holster. It was high-quality, but I felt it was overpriced for what you get; there better values out there

Lighten Up Francis.

Senior Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Try A Better Belt. Quick and very high quality. Mine was about $70.

You think you'd even get a CB by Christmas? Their holsters take 2 months or longer.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

VIP Member
    Beltman
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

I love my Crossbreed. I got it from the "seconds" website. I paid $48 shipped. I can't find a blemish on it, but that's fine with me. I have to say, you would be pushing it to try to get it by Christmas though...

Quote Originally Posted by AL64 View Post
    I love my Crossbreed. I got it from the "seconds" website. I paid $48 shipped. I can't find a blemish on it, but that's fine with me. I have to say, you would be pushing it to try to get it by Christmas though...
    I went ahead and did the same. Kinda lame they won't take a card.
    Nice thing about being Catholic, we don't start celebrating Christmas until Christmas day and it goes until about a month afterwards. :-P
    I bought my Old Faithful on a Gun Talk Radio special I remember. When I tried setting up dad for a belt the total was $92! Yikes!
    I figured if Crossbreed belts are as good as their holsters he should be good.
    But that Kydex between the belt layers is a nice "gimmick" with the Old Faithful...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links