Charter Arms Holsters

This is a discussion on Charter Arms Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife has a Charter Arms Lavender lady and we are looking in to holsters for her. What I am wondering is will a CA ...

Thread: Charter Arms Holsters

Question Charter Arms Holsters

My wife has a Charter Arms Lavender lady and we are looking in to holsters for her. What I am wondering is will a CA lady fit into a holster designed for a S&W J frame? I know they are very similar in shape and size but want to know how well does it fit.
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Depends on the holster. Seriously! Some holsters are designed for the lightweight j frames and are much too small for my S&W model 60 .357 mag even though it is also a j frame.

Don't know what material she is looking at for a holster: How much retention does she need? Can it be a wee bit loose?

If Kydex, it better fit perfectly - although I have one Kydex holster for a larger frame snubbie revolver and it is awkward and bulky, so assume Kydex is not in the picture.

If molded leather, again it needs to fit perfectly and that can be problematic with even small model to model differences.

We have soft Remora holsters. The one designated for j frame that perfectly fits hubby's lightweight j frame is way too small for my model 60 snubbie. I had to order one for a ruger 101 that is too large and take it to a local shoe repair to have it stitched to fit.

I'm sorry I couldn't give you a "YES, Get This One" answer - just sharing my own experiences with holsters.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

thanks for the info
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

Links