Crossbreed Supertuck - Slide wear? is this normal?

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Supertuck - Slide wear? is this normal? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got a Glock 30S. i've probably carried this for about 2 weeks (can't carry every day due to my job). i've oiled the slide ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Takeem406
  • 1 Post By technomonster
  • 1 Post By tokerblue

Thread: Crossbreed Supertuck - Slide wear? is this normal?

Crossbreed Supertuck - Slide wear? is this normal?

I've got a Glock 30S. i've probably carried this for about 2 weeks (can't carry every day due to my job). i've oiled the slide about once a week or so as i'm noticing the discoloration or drying of the slide. i'm also noticing the gun is making quite an imprint on the leather and the holster is still squeaking when i walk. i have noticed that after i oil the slide, and carry for about a day, those same light spots are back on my slide. i'm thinking its just the leather soaking up the oil from the slide but wanted to see if this was normal.

after some googleing i'm planning on getting some Lexal Neetsfoot oil for it (I have the horsehide version) and see if some oil in the leather will condition the leather some and stop the squeeking.

Basically, just looking to see if the wear i'm seeing on the holster and weapon are normal after only two weeks of carrying or if some oil conditioner will stop the wear on the weapon and the squeak i'm hearing

2. Remove Ads

Yep its normal, the holster is breaking in and your gun will show signs of being holstered.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    holster wear is normal and unavoidable. the imprint is normal and the squeak will go away. most holster makers don't recommend anything that will soften the leather as it may become too loose, that induces products like neets foot oil, mink oil and saddle soap.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Welcome to DC.

Is there a particular reason that you're oiling the slide of your Glock every week?
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    He's like most of us, wants to touch and fondle the things he loves...
    Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    Welcome to DC.

Is there a particular reason that you're oiling the slide of your Glock every week?
    Last edited by jblives2ride; December 8th, 2013 at 09:11 PM. Reason: spelling
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Welcome to DefensiveCarry. I had problems with squeaking for a couple months after I got mine, I searched the net and found that it's typically the leather against the belt clips that are making the noises and the remedy was a bit of baby powder placed under the clips. Worked for me. Now that I've had the holster for almost 2 yrs, there's no squawking at all.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    Welcome to DC.

the intent wasn't to oil every week. i had given it a good cleaning and light wipe down after last range trip and before i got my ccw card and started carrying. after a few days, i noticed the slide starting to look as above. gave it a light wipe down with some oil (very light, not talking heavy oil or anything) as it looked "dry" for lack of a better explanation and it brought it back to the black of the rest of the slide. just noticed that after a few times of CC, it was back to as shown above, so, i gave a quick wipe again, but after 2-3 times of this i started to wonder if this was normal wear from carrying and expected or not.

My squeak went away when I put moleskin between the gun and the leather

Links