Concealed Holster In My Ram Truck

This is a discussion on Concealed Holster In My Ram Truck within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had been looking around for good concealed holster solution for my new 2014 Ram 2500 and I think I have found it! After doing ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Concealed Holster In My Ram Truck

Administrator

Concealed Holster In My Ram Truck

I had been looking around for good concealed holster solution for my new 2014 Ram 2500 and I think I have found it! After doing some searching around I picked up the Gum Creek Vehicle Handgun Mount and Concealed Holster. At first I thought I would use the vehicle mount as it was designed (under the steering wheel), but after playing with that mounting location I decided I didn't like it. For one, the hood latch on the Rams is right in the middle under the steering wheel and secondly, I didn't like the idea of cramping my legs with holster hanging there. Luckily for me in the new 2014 Ram HD trucks there is a small hard plastic map pocket that runs along the right side of the driver seat. I had to pull the adjustment strap as tight as possible to make the vehicle mount clips as short as possible, but it worked where I could wedge one side of the clips under the carpet on the bottom and then if I pulled tight enough I could get the top clip to snap right over the top part of the map pocket. After working with the Velcro straps and getting the concealed holster just right on the mount I think I found the perfect solution for us Ram guys

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I like it. Doesn't stand out, and gets the job done. I may have to get one of those!

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Great idea. Even though it's in a Dodge
    DaveInEdmonds and lionround like this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

VIP Member
    Really nifty. However, I would definitely remove the logo patch. It says "Gum Creek" but looks like "gun" if you don't look closely. That's an invitation for someone not nice to break into your truck (whether the gun is in the pouch or not).

Just my opinion.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by WannabeaCPA View Post
    Great idea. Even though it's in a Dodge
    I've always been a Ford guy, but the new 2014 Rams will surprise you! I still can't believe I went over to the dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Really nifty. However, I would definitely remove the logo patch. It says "Gum Creek" but looks like "gun" if you don't look closely. That's an invitation for someone not nice to break into your truck (whether the gun is in the pouch or not).

Just my opinion.
    Yeah I might have to see about pulling the stitching out and removing it. I do have tinted windows and the truck is super tall. So it's not easy to see and you would have to be looking for it notice it.

Senior Moderator
    Nice holster, it doesn't look out of place
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Administrator
    That looks great! I was concerned that the mount under the steering wheel was going to knock your knees. Perfect solution!

I recently had to drive a Dodge, so I had to wear this in an attempt to conceal my identity from people I know. A fellow must have standards, after all!!

As for the holster, it seems like something worth investigating. I like that it is low key, but the patch would have to go away.
    WannabeaCPA likes this.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.

If you use it to store firearm while at an event (like a Longhorns Game). Id rather hide that, then give someone the impression it might be holding something valuable. While in car looks like a winner !
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Nice!

....now what about us lefties?!?!

Gotta go digging around underneath my F150 dashboard and see if I can rig something similar... Definitely like the "holster"!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Austx7124 View Post
    ....now what about us lefties?!?!
    Gotta go digging around underneath my F150 dashboard and see if I can rig something similar... Definitely like the "holster"!
    The manufacturer's web site says if you are right handed you need to use a left hand holster..........so I suppose if you are left handed you would need to use a right handed holster. Also on the mfg. web site the holster is a separate purchase. The $40+ price tag is for the straps with end hooks. You can use your own holster or buy theirs.

Don't know what you would pay elsewhere.

==================

I have one like these at the bottom of the page, for my car: Amazon.com: Ruger LC9 Sneaky Pete Holster (Belt Loop): Sports & Outdoors

Think I'll swap it for a lock box, though. They are only about $35. delivered.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Great, I just bought a 2014 2500 Ram and this will fit the bill but I also have to look at the law in my state, I think that it have to be on you to be legal.

RCW 9.41.050
    Carrying firearms

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

^This so I guess we can't do that.^
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    I have one like these at the bottom of the page, for my car: Amazon.com: Ruger LC9 Sneaky Pete Holster (Belt Loop): Sports & Outdoors

Think I'll swap it for a lock box, though. They are only about $35. delivered.
    I just ordered a nano 200 with cable from Amazon for $25.93, free shipping.

==================

Quote Originally Posted by 4Nines View Post
    I've always been a Ford guy, but the new 2014 Rams will surprise you! I still can't believe I went over to the dark side.

Yeah I might have to see about pulling the stitching out and removing it. I do have tinted windows and the truck is super tall. So it's not easy to see and you would have to be looking for it notice it.
    I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500... first year they came out with the HEMI. Love it!
    Nice litttle bag ... but I prefer to have it on me. I do have a lock box for those situations when I can not take it in a place, which by the way, I don't go into... except WORK! grrrrrrrrrrr

WALK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links