Lined skyhigh ( high noon )

This is a discussion on Lined skyhigh ( high noon ) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just received in mail an order and on item was a High Noon sky high lined for a PX4 storm subcompact . As the instructions ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By welder516
  • 1 Post By technomonster
  • 1 Post By Stoveman
  • 1 Post By BlackStallion29
  • 1 Post By welder516

Thread: Lined skyhigh ( high noon )

VIP Member

Just received in mail an order and on item was a High Noon sky high lined for a PX4 storm subcompact .

As the instructions say it should be tight which it is ,if i leave the firearm in it for a week or two untouched will it form better around it ??? I had to tap the firearm in to get it to seat . Also it has a retention strap as well for when i am riding on a motorcycle .
    Stoveman likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    try loosing the tension screw and if it is still too tight after a few days you can wiggle the gun around or put a plastic bag around the gun and then wiggle it. don't go overboard make it too loose and you can ruin the holster.

i have the slide guard and when it was new it was so tight i could barley get the gun in or out, it loosened up in just three days of carrying it.
    FlaRon likes this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    Merry early Christmas to you!

How about a pic?
    welder516 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Merry early Christmas to you!

How about a pic?
    Stove , I grab the camera from the pod and i noticed the charger is not working , I got a few items i wanted to post that i received today . I'll have to chase the power cord to see if it came unplugged .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine

Every leather holster I've ever seen that was actually molded to one specific gun (as opposed to a generic range of similar ones) is very tight at first. You can always stretch it out (and it will loosen a little as it breaks in) but it's pretty tough to make it tighter.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Wear it.

Wear it.

WEAR IT!!

Don't do anything to the holster until you have done the above. If you are not comfortable wearing it out and about, wear it at home in the evenings and over the weekend. It needs to break in to you and to the gun. If that does not work, then consider other alternatives. But don't do anything to a holster until you have worn it a while.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Nice holster, it would be my choice for a HN holster if I wanted a thumb break.

Congratulations on your new acquisition enjoy it.

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    Stove , I grab the camera from the pod and i noticed the charger is not working , I got a few items i wanted to post that i received today . I'll have to chase the power cord to see if it came unplugged .
    Dang...how long is that cord? We need some pics.
    welder516 likes this.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

VIP Member
    skyhigh holster 002.jpgskyhigh holster 003.jpgskyhigh holster 001.jpg

Here is some pics of my Sky High for Beretta Px4 sub compact with retainage strap .
    357and40 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    1775 Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Thanks for posting the pics. Without a manual safety on my gun, I'm not sure I'd go with an uncovered trigger. At least it appears to be uncovered in your pics.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Quote Originally Posted by BlackStallion29 View Post
    Thanks for posting the pics. Without a manual safety on my gun, I'm not sure I'd go with an uncovered trigger. At least it appears to be uncovered in your pics.
    I believe he just has the firearm pulled out of the holster...see pic #3!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I got a HN holster for my Glock 30sf last year. It, too, was tight upon receipt. I did as the instructions included with the holster said and used the plastic bag it came in to wrap the gun and PUSH it in tightly for a day or so. After doing that, loosening the tension screw and using the holster for a short while they fit together like hand and glove. Great fit.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links