Ladies IWB holster?

This is a discussion on Ladies IWB holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife has a Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm and loves it. I got her a cheapo blackhawk neoprene holster just so she can practice ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By larlev

Thread: Ladies IWB holster?

Ladies IWB holster?

My wife has a Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm and loves it. I got her a cheapo blackhawk neoprene holster just so she can practice drawing with it unloaded but I want her to start carrying and she wants to take the class. Our state allows OC, but I greatly prefer IWB carry. I want to get her a nice holster that is comfortable. She typically wears jeans and some sort of t-shirt/button down. I have been lookin at options like the Crossbreed Minituck, the Remora (gives me retention worries though), PJ holsters (all Kydex) and N82's Professional. I want this to be as comfortable as possible for her so it doesn't make her not want to bother carrying the gun. Ladies what are your suggestions? Shes rather small-framed. 5'8 and about 120lbs.

2. Remove Ads

You show TX as your location...TX allows OC?
    I don't think so...

For your wife...http://www.corneredcat.com

Fist holsters have a selection made for the lady...I purchased one for my DIL, and she's very happy with it.
    http://www.fist-holsters.com/vm.html...category_id=11
    patri0t likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

a 22 ounce sidearm (loaded) is going to require a soft leather holster for appendix carry, or a special wardrobe (long tops) for a crossbreed style at 4 O'clock.
    She will need to try out a LOT of holsters, before she finds one that suits her, at her size. Most women don't.

My wife is tiny and has to 'purse carry', but she has the requisite 'purse-habits' and strap that allows it to go over her head to prevent snatching.
    She just bought a new one today (for her new Taurus TCP .380acp) and is all excited. It is a small gun, but she carries +P JHP and will likely 'dump-the-mag' if she ever has to draw it. It is the only high-rated .380 she can pull the 4lb trigger with and be very accurate.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Sorry profile isn't updated, i'm in NC now

VIP Member
    I am 5'4", 127 - so probably a bit wider around the middle than your wife. I have a soft suede holster IWB which I think isn't made anymore, probably because it is too challenging to reholster in the thing. I also have an IWB Kydex with adjustable tension screws which offers fantastic retention while still allowing for a fast and easy draw.

And the one I use the most: The Remora model with the higher back "sweat guard" configuration. No retention problems, even in lounging PJ's with string ties - if you wear it under your undies, against your skin! However, if you have to "go potty" very often it is less than convenient to have to keep taking it out and putting it back in your waistband.

There is absolutely no way I can use any of the combination leather back/kydex front holsters! They are simply too thick and too bulky and will not fit inside of my jeans or semi dress pants. I refuse to wear sloppy pants!

I do have one Remora combination that I use very occasionally as a belly band, but above the waist line of my pants. It is quite comfortable only if worn over a tee shirt or turtleneck. Scratching and irritating if against the skin.

I have pics of several of the above that I've put on other posts if you/your wife want to take a look-see. Just let me know.

Some women can use the "super tuck" type holsters or other combination leather/kydex ones. I can't. I also can't wear a gun in any position except appexdix to 2:45 at most. My arm will not work farther back than that. That is one more thing to consider.

Granny
    P.S. I despise purse carry because you don't have instant access to your gun. However, a lot of women prefer it. We are all different.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

My wife has been wearing one from firearmholster.com

It has a soft flannel like backing that she really, really likes. It is smaller compared to others out there and fits better for their smaller frames. She has tried 3 others(I understand that isn't a lot) but it is worth the $45. I think she will like it as much as my wife does.
    Attached Images
    jenatron likes this.

I have a PJ's for my Glock 19, 26 and Sig P238. I almost never carry in anything else. They are closed loop, non-tuckable with a 20 degree cant, worn around 4:00 or 4:30 depending on the location on my second belt loop. Very simple design and comfortable. Retention is very good. I wish his turnaround time was shorter than 10 weeks but he hand makes all of his holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by bottlerocket View Post
    Sorry profile isn't updated, i'm in NC now
    That explains it...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links