Car holster/tactical organizer

This is a discussion on Car holster/tactical organizer within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have experience with this, or something like it? Amazon.com: Concealed Carry Automotive / Car holster with 3-Mag Pouch and iPhone Pocket: Sports & Outdoors ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Compa49
  • 2 Post By PEF
  • 1 Post By Hodad
  • 1 Post By Stickshaker

Thread: Car holster/tactical organizer

Car holster/tactical organizer

Anyone have experience with this, or something like it?

Amazon.com: Concealed Carry Automotive / Car holster with 3-Mag Pouch and iPhone Pocket: Sports & Outdoors

I like the general layout, not sure I need three spare mags on me. But I like the additional storage.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. Remove Ads

I don't have any experience but to me it is inviting trouble. Kind of like leaving your GPS on your dashboard. Unless you plan on carrying three mags with you all the time you would have to leave some in your vehicle. Since the mags are in sight someone may break in to steal your mags. I would look for something that isn't obvious what it is. Just my two cents
    StormRhydr and Oldpsufan like this.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    Not a bad little setup. could use someone those pouches for other things, not just magazines and whatnot.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

VIP Member
    I generally don't leave anything visible that would invite a "smash and grab." I had a holster in my prior car - it was a Fobus that I mounted beneath the dash and which could not be seen from outside. It was a good set up but I rarely used it - even in the car I didn't like the idea of the gun being off my person. Too easy to "forget" and leave in the car.

I've since changed cars and I don't have a place to mount a holster discretely (or I have figured it out yet), so I usually just keep the gun on my person now.
    StormRhydr and Oldpsufan like this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Distinguished Member
    Too, too much for me. And way too obvious.

Approximately the same total price, but.........I have a nano safe with cable on order and also a Glock kydex $15 holster. Both ordered from Amazon. The safe will go in my car and depending on how easy it is to open and grab gun from same the holster may or may not be mounted somewhere discreet. And this is because it is winter and there is no way I can get to my gun quickly through 3 layers of clothes and a seat belt.

In summer the safe will be used 2 or maybe 3 times when I have to leave my gun in the car for Dr. appointment or such.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Here's my stuff come and get it!!!!!
    Oldpsufan likes this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

VIP Member
    It's a rare occasion that I get out of my car and don't have to go back for something that I forgot; Pens, building keys, glasses, sun glasses, leatherman, clip board, etc.. I'm not going to give myself the opportunity to leave my gun in there.

I recently purchased some cordura nylon seat covers for my F-150 from Sportsmans Guide. They call them tactical I call them practical! They attach real easily with heavy duty nylon/ velcro D ring adjusters. The reason I like them (besides the obvious protecting my upolstery) is they have boo koo pockets, pouches, that hold water bottles, cell phone, maps, first aid kit, and even a pouch that is on the front between your legs for a gun or whatever. I generally don't use it to carry a gun preferring to keep it on me but it overall I am very happy with it. Good luck!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    I recently purchased some cordura nylon seat covers for my F-150 from Sportsmans Guide. They call them tactical I call them practical! They attach real easily with heavy duty nylon/ velcro D ring adjusters. The reason I like them (besides the obvious protecting my upolstery) is they have boo koo pockets, pouches, that hold water bottles, cell phone, maps, first aid kit, and even a pouch that is on the front between your legs for a gun or whatever. I generally don't use it to carry a gun preferring to keep it on me but it overall I am very happy with it. Good luck!
    This is more what I had in mind for this organizer. Just a place to better store and organize things I already have in my car. As far as it being out in the open, I'd like to find a way to fit it inside the console of my Ford Escape so as to not have it be so inviting to BG's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianthin View Post
    This is more what I had in mind for this organizer. Just a place to better store and organize things I already have in my car. As far as it being out in the open, I'd like to find a way to fit it inside the console of my Ford Escape so as to not have it be so inviting to BG's.
    My wife drove my truck for sevral days this last week and despite being in out of the vehicle numerous times she never knew there was a hidden velcro pocket on the front bottom of the seatcover. It is pretty well hidden and you cannot see it from outside the vehicle. The entire seatback is pockets compartments etc. Now if can just remember which one holds the @#*% ice scraper!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Looks like a answer looking for a problem. 3 spare mags and a place for your cell phone? Like your pocket won't hold the phone?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Divide post count by days since joining and learn something about the poster

I cant even get my hand down along side my seat to get the pens I've lost down there. So it wouldn't work for me. I just don't like leaving any firearms in my vehicle.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by denclaste View Post
    I cant even get my hand down along side my seat to get the pens I've lost down there. So it wouldn't work for me. I just don't like leaving any firearms in my vehicle.
    Sometimes you have to go to a place that does not allow guns: Jury duty anyone? Need to visit a loved one in the hospital? Is your doctor's office posted? Your work place?

When that happens you have a choice to leave your gun at home and be without it until you return home OR you can find the best way for you personally to secure it in your vehicle so you have your gun before and after you have been in those "zones".

BUT the 'gizzy' shown by the OP is not for concealing your gun in your car when you are away from the car anyway. Or I don't think it should be. It's too obvious.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    Now if can just remember which one holds the @#*% ice scraper!
    Now THAT'S something I need a holster for!
    5lima30ret likes this.

Links