Galco Belt: Carry Lite vs Cop Belt

This is a discussion on Galco Belt: Carry Lite vs Cop Belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have both of the belts? I was wondering if the Cop belt at $75 is that much stiffer than the Carry Lite belt ...

Thread: Galco Belt: Carry Lite vs Cop Belt

Does anyone have both of the belts? I was wondering if the Cop belt at $75 is that much stiffer than the Carry Lite belt at roughly $30?

This Blackhawk is one of the best casual gun belts around with high tensile strength, kydex stiffener & quality hardware: BlackHawk Instructor Gun Belt w/ Talon Flex Insert 34-41 41VT01BK 41VT01BK. BlackHawk Belts.
    No need to pay more for this type.

Don't know what you mean by "cop belt"? Inside belt for a Duty-Belt?
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

I have the Cop series Galco that has served me thru my first year of carry. It's plenty stiff for holster duty. I'm happy with it. Not sure about carry lite. My bet is it's less stiff. Stiffer than a regular dress belt but not good enough for heavier pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Galco Carry Lite. Picked it up at a local range / gun shop as my first "real" gun belt. Worked "OK" at first but then seemed to loose it's stiffness within a few months to the point where I was having a hard time keeping my britches up even when carrying my CW9 which is very light gun. I've since switched to a Disse Gear belt and it's much better. I can't really recommend the Galco Carry lite but that Cop Belt of theirs looks quite a bit thicker and stiffer and seems like it would probably be pretty good.

I'm really not interested in the non leather belts that just have a Velcro fastener. Need something that I can wear out that will look relatively nice when I need to.

Good info, I'll spring for the thicker cop series belt.

I have a sort of "in-between" I guess. I have a GALCO instructor belt in web nylon, aluminum buckle, stiff as you'd ever want and cost around $50. I got it around a year ago and it has slowly replaced all my other belts. I love the fact that it is infinitely adjustable and has a velcro patch to hold the tail of the belt instead of it flappin' around. I only wear this belt nowadays. I have others, leather and other web-type belts but this GALCO has pretty much taken over as my #1 (and almost only) gun belt. It's great and I'd buy it again if it ever wears out (dubious)!!!
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

I have dealings with the cop belt . I love it first it was in my size which is not easy and it does not scream look I got a gun it looks like a very nice dress belt ( I have worn it with a suite tie the whole set up). It does seem to give a little with age but I have no problem keeping a full size gun like my buddies 92fs with extended mags up right and ready. Again I dont own many gun belts mostly cause I am so happy with this one as I can wear it no matter the dress and it seems able to hold any gun I want up. I would not try putting a full cop load out on for sure , but a gun maybe a light some mags sure no problem.

The only weird this is the cheapo glock carry holsters dont fit but all other holster I have tried galco etc work great and this with a mini scarbe is great .

Unless I became a cop this would be my carry belt .. Plus I got mine for like 60 or so l probable ess then that on Amazon I think ...

VIP Member
    There is a difference in the two. Neither are my preferred belts but picking between them I'd pay the extra for the COP belt every time. The Carry Lite belt is better than a regular belt but is clearly entry level to gunbelts once you've tried a few different types.

Looper Leather is my preferred brand, I love their belts and their service.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Sponsored Links