Holster Identification

This is a discussion on Holster Identification within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Found somebody on Armslist a little while back who was clearing out their holster drawer after selling a j-frame, which is what I carry. And ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 1 Post By HairyPotter
  • 1 Post By HairyPotter

Thread: Holster Identification

Question Holster Identification

Found somebody on Armslist a little while back who was clearing out their holster drawer after selling a j-frame, which is what I carry.
    And they also happened to shoot lefty, as do I.
    SO I ended up grabbing 6 holsters for a deal and a half.
    Two of these holsters have no maker's marks and don't look quite exactly like anything I've run across while holster shopping, so I was hoping somebody on here might have run into one before and be able to tell me who made it.

This first one is the one I'm most interested in, since it's become my go-to iwb holster. My only two complaints are the lack of a sweat shield and that the metal clips can be unkind to seating surfaces... otherwise I've become quite a fan of the 2 clip design. Spreads the weight well and I don't have to keep adjusting it The way the clips are made tuckable is kinda weird but it works pretty well
    DSCN0995.jpgDSCN0996.jpgDSCN0998.jpg

The second one I'm not specifically fond of but it seems to be of similar construction so I imagine it's probably made by the same maker.
    DSCN0999.jpgDSCN1000.jpg

Any insight would be appreciated! I've got no real need to know but I'm just kinda curious.
    I do not trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory;
    Psalm 44:6-8
    Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
    Matthew 5:9

2. Remove Ads

Nothin', huh? Oh well...

VIP Member
    "Made by loving hands at home????"
    HairyPotter likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Well I think your correct they were made by the same person. One thing for sure is its machine stitching which means it's less likely to be a hobby home build but likely small shop. Likely not someone who's built allot of rigs again just based on little things about the work. Shot in the dark maybe very early HBE leatherworks there are some things that reminds me of his designs. Of course it also looks allot like my Texas holster but it's certainly not my work;)

Good luck;)

Luke

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

luke213 that sounds about like what I suspected: early work of probably a small shop, which does make it quite a long shot for somebody to recognize.
    I can see the resemblance to a few of HBE's holsters. Good call.

Thanks for your thoughts, and by the look of your holsters I'll also say keep up the good work!
    luke213 likes this.

Thanks Sir;)

I did some googling and couldn't find anything just like it since it sparked my curiosity but it may end up a mystery.

Take care!

Luke

I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

Something else I just noticed that you may or may not have the neutral cant rig is either hand based on how the clip is installed so you can or should be able to remove the clip to run it left handed or right.

Just another oddity since thats not very common either;)

Take care

Luke

That's interesting. I'd wondered if I could pull that clip out but haven't tried it yet. If I decide to sell it setting it up for right hand might help it move a little faster...
    Thanks!
    luke213 likes this.

the design and construction appears to be "bomb" proof! heavy duty for sure.....

Links