N82 Original Holster

This is a discussion on N82 Original Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the N82 Iwb holster? I am have a Glock 27 and in the process of looking ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: N82 Original Holster

N82 Original Holster

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the N82 Iwb holster? I am have a Glock 27 and in the process of looking for a Iwb that won't break the bank and this one is getting good reviews. I am also open to recommendations for other holsters as well. Thanks in advance.
    ArmyCop likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I haven't tried the N82, but in that general price range and style (hybrid IWB) I'd recommend you also consider the Crossbreed Supertuck, it's pretty good. I personally prefer offset clips rather than having the clip right over the gun for IWB, as it makes the whole package less bulky (specially with a gun as thick as a Glock).

I have the N82 pro model for the G27. Love it. Fits well. Does not tend to pull down as much. Very comfortable. Holds both my G27 and G22. Conceals very well in warm weather clothing and now in winter clothing. For my money it was a great investment.
    BadgerJ likes this.

I tried an N82 and it was incredibly comfortable, but I found it to be bulky. My holsters of choice are eithe Foxx Holsters, or SHTF Gear ( also a DC forum sponsor). I have both and they are equally great. From Foxx Holsters I have a "Little Foxx" for my Shield. It is a single clip hybrid style but is very stable and secure, hides completely and allows for a speedy, unhindered draw. For all day wearing, I like SHTF gear holsters. Quality is second to none, with different options for securing the holster to your belt ( clips or leather loops, brown or black, etc). I have had a SHTF gear holster for my G22, MY LCR, my SR40C .... all have been great and incredibly comfortable. Both are well under the price of crossbreed, whitehat , or other "high end" holster makers, but to be honest, you wont find better kydex molding than what clay and his team at SHTF Gear are doing. Absolutely incredible.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I haven't heard any bad reviews on the original holster, it's being good but the only bad but not bad comment I have heard is when you reholster you might have a little problem putting your firearm back in. That's shouldn't be a problem about reholster you weapon, I have the Pro but I can't comment on it because I have never wore it. I bought it for my XDs .45 so while I'm testing it because it being to the doctor office for the recall I want put it back in my rotation yet.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

I have a N82 original tuckable for my Nano. I would recommend getting the original, if you do not intend to ever tuck your shirt.

With the suede backing, you almost forget it is there. And with one clip, it is easy to install and remove from your pants. And, it gives a little when you sit in your car seat, letting it rotate forward a bit for a more comfortable feel.

I have the N82 Tactical fit my SR9C. It is very I comfortable!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The Original N82 has always gotten good reviews for comfort and conceal-ability with the main negative (for some) being lack of one handed reholstering.
    Another well reviewed (and slightly less expensive) option is the Alien Gear

(for the record, I don't own either one)
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    N82 is great. All the downsides are more than compensated by the ease of installing and removing. Slight retention feature in the Poly-carbonate version (Pro model) is nice. I wear it all the time in sweats, jeans, shorts. Highly recommended. Bulky? Maybe. But if you're struggling putting on the double clipped types, is it worth it. People are too darn worried about concealing and printing, IMO.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dl_rhodes View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the N82 Iwb holster? I am have a Glock 27 and in the process of looking for a Iwb that won't break the bank and this one is getting good reviews. I am also open to recommendations for other holsters as well. Thanks in advance.
    I have one for a j-frame and another for a subcompact. I like them very much.
    N82 Holster for J-Frame (with pictures)
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorflyr View Post
    The Original N82 has always gotten good reviews for comfort and conceal-ability with the main negative (for some) being lack of one handed reholstering.
    This sums up my experience too. Very comfortable, especially for someone with a spare tire around the middle.

Thanks everyone. I appreciate it. I am going to look into the other holsters that were suggested and make a decision after that.

I got to use a N82 for my Shield 9mm in a class a couple of months ago. It was very comfy but it requires a twist to draw the weapon. With practice I'm sure it wouldn't have been a major issue but I had a couple of failed draws in the class. I ultimately went with an Alien Gear (which I like quite a bit).

I have been researching them quite a bit this morning and I think I have narrowed it down to the Alien gear and the foxx. This will be my first IWB holster so I am sure it will not be my last. Thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster1 View Post
    I got to use a N82 for my Shield 9mm in a class a couple of months ago. It was very comfy but it requires a twist to draw the weapon. With practice I'm sure it wouldn't have been a major issue but I had a couple of failed draws in the class. I ultimately went with an Alien Gear (which I like quite a bit).
    The N82 professional requires the twist to draw. While I didn't find this detracting, I had trouble with the belt clip. It would not be secure at the point where it was screwed into the plastic. It was just too loose. You could twirl it around with your finger. I called the manufacturer about it and he was very gracious and sent me another clip and screw. Same problem developed after a period of use.

I then tried the N82 original. The clip is sewn into the holster so the screw problem was solved. Just not flexible like the professional as to cant. However, it is easily the most comfortable holster I've ever had and I am more than satisfied with it. Will be getting it for my other carry guns also.

neko

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links