I need a little help!

I need a little help!

This is a discussion on I need a little help! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need some help with holsters. Is a in the waist band holster going to show through tight jeans? I am getting a Glock 27 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: I need a little help!

I need a little help!

I need some help with holsters. Is a in the waist band holster going to show through tight jeans? I am getting a Glock 27 and I am looking at Blade Tech holsters. I do not want my gun to be seen. Is the nano a good option? I am worried with my larger rump is going to make the tip of the barrel point out and either be seen or rip my pants. Are there other holsters that are good for the back of the pants or should I open carry? Any help would be great!! Thank you!

Lyndsey

VIP Member
    If you carry IWB you may need to get jeans that are about 1 - 2 inches larger in the waist.

Often a shirt will cover any bulge caused by the gun and holster. Additionally, a holster breaks up the outline of the gun and it's often difficult to tell what's in there, if detected at all.

Others may have different experiences, but I have found that snug pants and IWB carry do not comfortably mix. A little extra play will do wonders for comfort and will also fend off wearing though by the holster.
    kaikane0812 likes this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Make sure to get a good belt.
    kaikane0812 likes this.

I would worry more about comford then showing . Most people adivies that you wear one size larger pants to make the gun fit better . With a 27 I would not worry it is a small gun and it should hide well . Bear in mind most people do end up with a drawer full of holsters.

Have you looked at remora holster (cheep and they run sales all the time)? I like these for IWB. These holtser were made for tight pants ( there is no straps or anything so the tighter the better)..

Also you live in a gun freindly sountehr state where OC is legal .. So if it shows no harm no foul .

Looking at the two you mentioned I would say the nano looks thinner which will help. Also a lot of holster companies will take the holster back if they dont work I dont know about bladetech but a lot of the custom ones do..

And the barrel is fully incoled on most holster so no need to worry about pants ripping .. Also a lot of times it will help to have a heavier belt made for gun carry esp if you IWB has strapts .

You may want to be carfully carrying at the small of the back yes it will hid the gun but if you fall on your back...

The whole inside-waist-band thing is a different proposition for men and women. I'm a guy, so not the best to advise, but I can say that a G27 is probably not ideal for tight jeans, due to the thickness of the gun. Not that it won't work necessarily, but it will likely be kind of difficult.

There are women out there posting material that will probably be far more helpful to you than anything I could say. Faliaphotography on YouTube does good videos, here's a link to one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGBPVk5GQk
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Thank you for your fast replies! I will look into the Remora holsters. Can any of you recommend a good belt dealer or belt brand? I don't need fashion belts lol plain leather or whatever they use would be perfect. Merry Christmas to all or happy holidays to those who don't celebrate Christmas!

In my experience, yes. I carry a very small gun and I still see it through my pants, because I wear skinny jeans. I have a very low profile kydex holster and a remora and am not completely satisfied with either. I think the Remora is worse than the kydex holster in terms of visibility through jeans. I am having more success with non-traditional holsters like compression shorts with (elastic) holsters built in, and I just ordered the hip-hugger by Can Can Concealment (made for women), which is a similar idea that I'm really excited to try. These options also don't require belts.
    YMMV, hope I helped.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

Take a look at Versacarry, it's a very minimalist IWB holster. Unlike hybrid leather-kydex holsters it takes up very little space, but you're giving up on comfort because the gun presses directly against your shirt / underwear.

I carry a PT111 that isn't much smaller than a G27. My wardrobe has changed a bit to accommodate IWB carry. But I'm older and don't feel the need to be "hip". I like the Remora with a sweat guard in summer when I don't want to wear an undershirt. Winter I tuck in a long tank behind a hybrid IWB kydex holster and throw a shirt, sweatshirt, or jacket over it. The gun disappears. The main change I had to do was get the jean's waistline off of the hip and up higher to be comfortable. At the waist instead of high waisted was enough. I carry anywhere from appendix to 3:00 depending on the outfit.

As for a belt...I ordered an expensive nylon gun belt that was supposed to be "just for women" that was touted on youtube as being the best thing since sliced bread. Was not pleased with it at all with it's support and the thickness that printed the belt itself like mad, and returned it. Don't laugh, but Walmart carries this belt in most stores in the men's department in brown and black. I've had it for months now and it has worked and held up very well. It's 1.5" so perfect for women's belt loops. I think it's $12.84.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

I watched a very petite young lady at Cabela's try IWB with tight hip-huggers and it was a struggle for her. She had a "Flash Band" holster she liked, and was trying a non-custom, factory produced IWB without a lot of success.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndsey View Post
    Thank you for your fast replies! I will look into the Remora holsters. Can any of you recommend a good belt dealer or belt brand? I don't need fashion belts lol plain leather or whatever they use would be perfect. Merry Christmas to all or happy holidays to those who don't celebrate Christmas!
    It is my opinion, that " look" is all you should do with a Remora. I tried one that I borrowed, and feel that they are to puffy adding unnecessary width, and I do not trust a holster that does not secure to the belt in some manner. They may be ok for around the house, or very controlled environmental uses, but not serious carry.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Also look here a lot of the female shooter here recomond this sight Concealed Carry for the Fashionable Woman | Cornered Cat .

Also if you wear lose clothing shirt you could try a mini scarber holster from de santis I have one for my 380 and the cant (angle ) is very good to hide the gun .. But I have not try it with a double stack gun Amazon.com: DeSantis Mini Scabbard Glock 26/27/33 Right Hand Black: Sports & Outdoors but I would like to as I usally wear a coat or cover shirt ..

As for belts I wear galco and I like it but most of the companies that make holster also make belts . The only issue you may run into is if your jean have very small belt loops some of the carry belts are a bit big due to the plastic I know my galco work great with normal levei jeans if it is any help .. This seems to talk on it Ladies' Concealed Carry: Dressing for CCW Part 1 - Gun Belts | The Arms Guide.

Bear in mind now they are a lot more different holsters coming online aim at the female market. And heck if all else fails get a belly band or the carry shirt or even a shoulder holster .. There are always options I personal dont wear IWB that often unless remore as most of them are comfy for me .. I normal pocket or OWB carry

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    It's not easy for a lady to get pants that are a larger size. Gloria Vanderbilt makes stretch jeans, though. Check at Costco.
    jenatron likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    It is my opinion, that " look" is all you should do with a Remora. I tried one that I borrowed, and feel that they are to puffy adding unnecessary width, and I do not trust a holster that does not secure to the belt in some manner. They may be ok for around the house, or very controlled environmental uses, but not serious carry.
    Again they are only 25 bucks so no real harm in trying . I like them so far and I have carry a gun with them and as of yet they have not come out .. Again if I could wear larger pants I would and try out other IWB but as of right now this is all that work for me . I mean I have not done tactial stuff with them but have walk the dog and such and it seemed to stay in place ..To each his own I guess . But it is weird not having a belt I will give you that

Ok let's try this. I wear figure forming jeans with the waist at the top of the hip ( not excessively tight) and non figure forming men's t-shirts. I am not big into girly girl clothing. Every day dress is jeans and t-shirt (boring but comfy lol). So I shouldn't have to much of a problem with the fit of the holster from what I have learned from you all and google. I guess I just need to know what types of IWB holsters are comfortable for women? Is there a website for women's holsters? Or brand of holsters for women? I want to carry in the back. Or... Alabama is a open carry state so I could carry in the back openly but... Is that safe? I mean how easy would it be for someone to just walk up and un-holster my gun? The only reason I need to carry in the back is out of sight out of mind for my 18mnth old son. He understands and listens to the word no but I don't feel comfortable carrying in his line of sight. For anyone wondering at this point yes I am very new to carrying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links