web page of shoulder holster pictures

This is a discussion on web page of shoulder holster pictures within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I began researching shoulder holsters I downloaded a bunch of pictures. Later I organized them by type, and then went back and added the ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By TRX

Thread: web page of shoulder holster pictures

web page of shoulder holster pictures

When I began researching shoulder holsters I downloaded a bunch of pictures. Later I organized them by type, and then went back and added the URLs of the makers. This isn't an exhaustive collection; I quit when I stopped finding new types, but there are likely more out there. While it doesn't show every possible holster, it's a useful reference for the basic types.

I have them divided by vertical, horizontal, upside-down, and tanker orientation.

Shoulder Holsters

2. Remove Ads

Nice convenient layout. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I'm not in the market for a shoulder holster but if I were this would be a good help.

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Awesome. That took some work! "Liked"

Yes thanks you!!

Been looking at a sholder rig so this helps

Let my expensive shoulder holster experience perhaps make your journey shorter & more pleasant. IMHO, shoulder holsters look GREAT on British secret agents in Saville Row suits driving Aston Martins. They're elegant in appearance & make imagined good sense until I actually BOUGHT & USED them. They're uncomfortable, hot and generally useless for concealed carry. The only practical application for a shoulder holster that I've found is an over-jacket, center chest (tanker?) position for my G24 .357 Sig conversion to shoot varmint critters from my tractor or ATV. Beyond that? Nope.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Wow. That must have taken some time. Thanks for the link.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Thanks for all the "home-work". Takes a lot of searching down to just one place. Thanks again!!

You're welcome!

Here's a page I wrote about shopping for a shoulder holster:

buying a shoulder holster

Nice work!

I consider shoulder holsters highly specialized tools with a lot of compromises for general use, but I would love to get Red Nichols' take on them - from the design and construction standpoint as well as their applications and use (i.e., beyond the Hollywood and CDI factors).
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Nice job and I love shoulder holsters but the prices on some of these great rigs would make me chose one of them or food.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Let my expensive shoulder holster experience perhaps make your journey shorter & more pleasant. IMHO, shoulder holsters look GREAT on British secret agents in Saville Row suits driving Aston Martins. They're elegant in appearance & make imagined good sense until I actually BOUGHT & USED them. They're uncomfortable, hot and generally useless for concealed carry. The only practical application for a shoulder holster that I've found is an over-jacket, center chest (tanker?) position for my G24 .357 Sig conversion to shoot varmint critters from my tractor or ATV. Beyond that? Nope.
    Wow! I really like shoulder holsters for my 1911's (but then I'd look really good in a tailored Saville Row suit while sitting in my Aston Martin). No, really, I do like shoulder holsters - both my Galco Miami Classic and my El Paso Tanker. They are my preferred carry and they get a lot of use especially when a jacket or coat of some kind needs to be worn (even in my bomber jacket and my Ford pick-up).

This was a good thread with good pictures. Ghost Tracker has certainly made some valid points - shoulder holsters aren't for everyone, but I like them.

Links