Anybody familiar with Del Fatti holsters?

This is a discussion on Anybody familiar with Del Fatti holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently came across this small custom holster company while perusing the internet. I have never heard of them before but judging from the pics ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Echo_Four
  • 1 Post By QKShooter
  • 1 Post By QKShooter

Thread: Anybody familiar with Del Fatti holsters?

I recently came across this small custom holster company while perusing the internet. I have never heard of them before but judging from the pics I came across it looks like they put out quality leather holsters. Their prices aren't cheap but I expect that for a custom made leather holster.

Del Fatti Leather

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    I have never owned one but have only heard good things. The people I know that have them love them and they have appeared to be top of the line when I've handled them.
    kaikane0812 likes this.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    I went to their website and they have had a death in the Family . Prayers sent their way .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Among the H&K gun owners, Del Fatti is the king of quality holsters together with Milt Sparks or TTGunleather. Their holster is extremely well made with high quality and comfortable for every day carry. Usually the HK owners who have the P7 always try to find one for themselves.

The big downside is wait time. It will take you months or even almost a year in some case. Lately people bid up to over $200 for the ones on sale on eBay.

Unfortunately, Del Fatti's daughter just passed away couple weeks ago. So it is almost impossible to order one at this point of time.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Administrator
    Matt Del Fatti is one of the best holster makers on Planet Earth. Way up on the very tip-top of the list.
    Possibly a few holster makers are equal but, there are none better.
    Understandably the wait time for a Del Fatti holster is quite long.
    I am not sure if he is even taking any new orders right now.
    More than likely...not.

I consider myself fortunate to own one Del Fatti holster and it is the epitome of perfection in leather.

If you can find a Del Fatti holster around anywhere they are worth every penny that you may have to pay for it.
    los likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Well Matt's quality in my opinion is second to none honestly(not that he would ever brag or admit this), his attention to detail and overall presentation I think really is what sets him apart even among the top holster makers out there. It's also the reason his lead time has been measured in years rather than weeks at times. Right now he's been taking orders for around 6 months worth then closing down orders till he catches up then takes another 6 months worth. So if you want one of his rigs your pretty much buying it on the secondary market or managing to get in during his window to order.

I'll also say it's terrible news about Gina I only got a chance to meet her once and she was such a nice gal definitely praying for Matt but also her husband and kids.

Take care!

Luke

"...his attention to detail..."

It appears you're right about that Luke213. His website lists a number of questions one must consider before ordering one of his holsters such as: body type, weather, time & activities....

It seems he even speaks directly with his customers via phone to get a better understanding of their needs before making the holster. Now that's what I call attention to detail & customer service!

Administrator
    I just now found out about this.

R.I.P. GINA DEL FATTI JOHNSON
    luke213 likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by JulesWinnfield View Post
    "...his attention to detail..."
    It seems he even speaks directly with his customers via phone to get a better understanding of their needs before making the holster. Now that's what I call attention to detail & customer service!
    I will say that's one thing you'll find common among most custom holster shops most of them that are one man shop are happy to talk on the phone about details with holsters with their customers. There are I'm sure exceptions but most of the shops that I know of are like that. That said if I'm working on something and can't answer the phone I call the customer back it's noisy in a shop sometimes, and I'd bet most guys do the same as well.

Either way customer service like that may not be common in too many industries these days but I'm proud to say it still exists in custom holsters;)

Luke

Quote Originally Posted by luke213 View Post
    I will say that's one thing you'll find common among most custom holster shops most of them that are one man shop are happy to talk on the phone about details with holsters with their customers. There are I'm sure exceptions but most of the shops that I know of are like that. That said if I'm working on something and can't answer the phone I call the customer back it's noisy in a shop sometimes, and I'd bet most guys do the same as well.

Either way customer service like that may not be common in too many industries these days but I'm proud to say it still exists in custom holsters;)

Luke
    Not to get off topic on my own thread but I'm taking a look at some of your handiwork as we speak (or type). Very nice! I also like the design of your website. I've dealt with others whose websites can best be described as rudimentary.

Quote Originally Posted by JulesWinnfield View Post
    Not to get off topic on my own thread but I'm taking a look at some of your handiwork as we speak (or type). Very nice! I also like the design of your website. I've dealt with others whose websites can best be described as rudimentary.

Thanks sir;) There is always room to improve but I found and had the same complaints about allot of holster sites before I started building my own. I found it was just plain difficult to find what I wanted and if I did they didn't have it for my gun. Some site sort by brand and gun, but it's just really confusing at times even for me. So I tried my best to simplify the website down to just models of holsters, then within there all the options to pick and choose from. I still though find guys asking questions that to me seem simple, but I'll go back through and make changes to further try and simplify and more less figure out the best simplest way for the site to function.

Either way appreciate the compliment I've spent a fair amount of time working on the backend of the site getting things the way I like them, one of these days I need to go through a full update but it will break all the themes and whatnot and I don't have time to fix them at the moment so one of these days there will be some changes but it's bound to be after the holidays;)

Take care!

Luke

Sponsored Links