A couple new carry rigs with pics.

This is a discussion on A couple new carry rigs with pics. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have carried for close to 25 years, in that time 90% has been with the 1911 platform and 90% of the time has been ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TJK68

Thread: A couple new carry rigs with pics.

I have carried for close to 25 years, in that time 90% has been with the 1911 platform and 90% of the time has been IWB. I sually carry in a Milt Sparks VM ll, and have carried a good bit with holsters made by Overland Gunleather. I recently ordered a couple new carry rigs, this time I wanted to order an OWB, so after looking I went with a D.M. Bullard Bodyguard, I also bought one of his gun belts. I have carried a Case XX Trapper for years, as my everyday knife, Mr. Bullard makes a handy little sheath for this Knife so I bought one of those as well. I am very pleased with his gear, well made and very comfy. I really like the cant on this holster, the belt is great, and I love my Case Trapper sheath. As I said very good quality, and quick turnaround time on these in stock items. Second instead of another VM ll, I went with the Milt Sparks Nexus. It has a similar cant as the Bodyguard, a little more than the VM ll, and also rides a littlelower than the VM ll. As usual Sparks quality speaks for itself. I am still getting used to these two holsters, but think I will really like them. I am not a very good photographer but here are a few pics. Maybe this will be helpful to somebody. Hope everyone has a safe Merry Christmas.
    Tom
    Attached Images
    Kennydale and 5lima30ret like this.

That is some severe can't on the OWB holster. Is it a SOB holster that you are wearing hip side? Or is it supposed to be canted that much?

Nice looking rigs, there. I get mine at the LGS to try them on and when the brand name wears off, I don't know what I have.

Since I retired from LE, I don't have much use for OWBs, anymore. I'm sure I have many in my "Holster Box" though.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Quote Originally Posted by Compa49 View Post
    That is some severe can't on the OWB holster. Is it a SOB holster that you are wearing hip side? Or is it supposed to be canted that much?
    Nope, not an SOB, made to be worn over hip like that. It has the same amount of cant as the Nexus. Both put the firearm in a very comfortable position, to carry and draw.

Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    Nice looking rigs, there. I get mine at the LGS to try them on and when the brand name wears off, I don't know what I have.

Since I retired from LE, I don't have much use for OWBs, anymore. I'm sure I have many in my "Holster Box" though.
    I never have carried OWB much either, but I do like it in the winter sometimes, when hunting, or working around the farm. The LGS' s around here carry very few leather holster's, mostly nylon or cheap plastic, that are your choices. I do have a local leather worker that has started making holsters and does a decent job. I see you were a Trooper for 40 years, thank you for your many years of service. Very admirable Sir.
    Tom

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Good looking rig.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Nice looking rigs!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Links