IWB hybrid holster choice

This is a discussion on IWB hybrid holster choice within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for an iwb hybrid holster for my glock 27. Trying to decide if I spend 90 on a mtac or go cheaper with a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: IWB hybrid holster choice

IWB hybrid holster choice

Looking for an iwb hybrid holster for my glock 27. Trying to decide if I spend 90 on a mtac or go cheaper with a king tuk or alien gear? How much better is an mtac?

2. Remove Ads

I'm a big fan of crossbread holsters, I have two, one for my xd 9mm service model and the other for my EMP .40.

I have an Old Faithful. While it's not the cat's meow it's not bad. I would try the Alien Gear first and if it doesn't work out quite right then you could try the Comp-tac one. Of the typical hybrid holsters I don't see a difference that justifies paying double the price for one, i.e. Crossbreed. That being said the Comp-tac is different enough it may be worth the extra cost. You might also want to check out Garrett Industries. They also have a hybrid holster that isn't just a kydex shell with a leather backing. I actually have a StealthgearUSA hybrid holster on order. It has a fabric backing instead of leather. When I ordered they had a 10% off code. It's "carry on" if it still works.
    OlCop likes this.

I have an Alien Gear, I carry a 1911 in her and most of the time I forget its on my side.
    glockcoma and OlCop like this.
    “But now,” he said, “take your money and a traveler’s bag. And if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one!” Luke 22:36 (NLT)

I've been using a holster made by Sheppard Leather in Burleson, TX. It is a variation of a Crossbreed but at a fraction of the cost. It was in my hands less than 10 days of ordering. I've used it for about 9 months and I have no complaints. I bought the horsehide and it has held up well with everyday use.

Sponsor
    Take a look at our offering. $59.95, current shipping time is just 3 business days. The holster is narrower than most hybrids on the market with a set of features you won't find elsewhere.

Glock 26/27/33 ACE-1 Holster

feature, small.jpgGlock_22-5-2000.jpgGlock 22-8.jpg

-Clay

After I started wearing my MTAC for my Sig 229 I thought my holster buying days are over! Then my son tried it and wouldn't give it back so I had to by one more holster, a Comp-Tac. Now I'm done.

This is not exactly a hybrid but it is an alternative to the Crossbreed style. The holster is from MTR Custom Leather. All leather and has reinforced mouth for easy reholstering.

Horse-IWB-Tuckable-Holster1.jpg

There are a lot of good ones on the market that you can get cheaper than an MTAC. SHTF Gear is a great holster and has already been recommended. Tommy Theis makes a nice hybrid. So does Ozarks Holster Company | Quality Holsters Made in USA. The Ozarks holster is not fancy, but it's top quality.

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    There are so many to choose from that your head will spin. I chose a Theis single clip back in April. I've been wearing it everyday since then. Now I want an all leather one. Go figure, huh.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Love the Minotaur M-TAC. Have several!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by Compa49 View Post
    I have an Old Faithful. While it's not the cat's meow it's not bad. I would try the Alien Gear first and if it doesn't work out quite right then you could try the Comp-tac one. Of the typical hybrid holsters I don't see a difference that justifies paying double the price for one, i.e. Crossbreed. That being said the Comp-tac is different enough it may be worth the extra cost. You might also want to check out Garrett Industries. They also have a hybrid holster that isn't just a kydex shell with a leather backing. I actually have a StealthgearUSA hybrid holster on order. It has a fabric backing instead of leather. When I ordered they had a 10% off code. It's "carry on" if it still works.
    I like the idea of trying the Alien Gear first. I have not used this type of holster before (i.e. hybrid IWB) and it might make sense to try out the inexpensive option first and go from there. My only hang up is wondering if I try the AG and think I don't like it because it may be the quality instead of the type. In other words, try it, not sure, then end up buying another IWB hybrid type to confirm/disprove.
    OlCop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WINTEJER000 View Post
    I have an Alien Gear, I carry a 1911 in her and most of the time I forget its on my side.
    Same here.

Decided to give the alien gear a try. Placed my order today.

Firearmholster.com
    $49 and a sweet holster

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links