Galco M7X Matrix

This is a discussion on Galco M7X Matrix within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just received this today for my G27. Initial observations: Good positive click when holstering gun Good retention Takes good yank to get it out, but ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dgunnut

Thread: Galco M7X Matrix

Galco M7X Matrix

Just received this today for my G27.

Initial observations:
    Good positive click when holstering gun
    Good retention
    Takes good yank to get it out, but not severe and I would rather have that than gun falling out
    Snaps on secure

More to come as I have a chance to try it out.
    Pete63 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

los
    Good looking holster, and a great carry weapon, to boot.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I have a couple of these. For an inexpensive holster they work very well.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

More observations as I wear it around the house today:
    - easy reholstering
    - would like more cant
    - with my better belt cinches up tight
    - conceals OK with cover garment, like sweatshirt, maybe not with t shirt
    - I think it will work well for my intended purpose of easy on/off so I can use it for to/from work. Work does not allow carry.

More photos

Quote Originally Posted by dgunnut View Post
    More observations as I wear it around the house today:
    - easy reholstering
    - would like more cant
    - with my better belt cinches up tight
    - conceals OK with cover garment, like sweatshirt, maybe not with t shirt
    - I think it will work well for my intended purpose of easy on/off so I can use it for to/from work. Work does not allow carry.
    One of the things I like about the holster is that it does NOT have a lot of cant, but I see from your pictures, that you carry further back than I do. I usually carry about 9:00 (lefty) with the Matrix holster. I haven't found any OWB holster that conceals REALLY well under a T-shirt. For that, you almost have to go to IWB.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    One of the things I like about the holster is that it does NOT have a lot of cant, but I see from your pictures, that you carry further back than I do. I usually carry about 9:00 (lefty) with the Matrix holster. I haven't found any OWB holster that conceals REALLY well under a T-shirt. For that, you almost have to go to IWB.
    Agreed, wasn't really expecting to conceal with a T-shirt.

I usually carry around the 4-4:30 position, I find it to be the most comfortable and conceal the best for me.

Just got back from carrying around town, no issues, of course I had a thick coat on
    Since it started out below zero this morning.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    If I wear an OWB rig under a t-shirt I usually go with my keltec 380 in a pancake holster during hot summer days. If I go glock under a t shirt it goes IWB for me. Winter time I use my Glock sport holster with either of my Glocks. That sport holster by glock is my favorite OWB rig for Glocks and their so cheap but they just work. Iv got two , one for the large frame g20 and one for my g27 an 23.
    Back to the Matrix, to me if I twist the grip out from my body it seems to release the pistol faster and smoother from the holster. It is a thick plastic holster and not kydex plus it just doesn't do it for me in the conceal department. The whole rig sets to far out from the body to conceal well under clothing since I don't wear coats much except in freezing temps. It now sits in a place in my holster box with other disappointments.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Links