On the body vehicle carry

This is a discussion on On the body vehicle carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm sure there are a thousand of these threads, but oh well let's make another. I drive a lot for work, a thousands of miles ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: On the body vehicle carry

On the body vehicle carry

I'm sure there are a thousand of these threads, but oh well let's make another.

I drive a lot for work, a thousands of miles month.

I usually carry a Glock in a Crossbreed Supertuck which is great.

However inside my car it's very slow to draw from.

In Montana and Wyo I'll just slip a Glock in a pocket holster and put it between the seats.

However I'm Washington bound next month and I do believe (I could be wrong) that you have to keep the weapon concealed and on your person. I think NoDak is the same way.

I'll be driving through and working in the Seattle area. I was there last summer and was able to recieve my Utah permit luckily for the last half of my time there. Place worries me.

I like OWB but I can't seem to hide my 23C in my Galco Fletch under anything but a hoodie. How are the Crossbreed snap sides? Are they a little slimmer and keep the gun tighter to your body?

I was thinking appendix carry but I'm lacking in the flat abs department. However I'm curious of the Crossbreed Appendix off to my 2 O'clock would work with either my 27 or 23C.

Also thinking about going to a shoulder rig under a snap shirt.

I had a Blackhawk shoulder rig but it was impossible to hide.

How are the Galco Jackass's? Is there any nice leather rigs that carry vertical inside of horizontal so the muzzle points downward?

Another thing about going to a shoulder I'd probably have to option to carry my 27 like I normally do as a backup gun.

Thanks guys!

2. Remove Ads

I carry apendix IWB when traveling in a car. Just lift the shirt and draw. Even a few of my er... huskier buddies carry appendix no problem.

Leave it at home CC is becoming to difficult for you
    Rev.357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Leave it at home CC is becoming to difficult for you
    Excuse me?!

Give 'er a little wing tip! A little wing tip!

Distinguished Member
    When driving I carry in a shoulder rig with a snap shirt (Cabelas, top 4 "buttons" are snaps). Sometimes if I want to be extra stealthy I use a Kangaroo Carry (also a shoulder rig but very stealthy). I want access to my weapon with my right hand when behind the wheel. If you run through the logistics you will understand why. Space is your friend. A car mounted holster between the driver and passenger seat gives you the same advantage.

Take some extra time to research the laws in those different states, sounds like you have already begun to do so. Good luck.
    5lima30ret likes this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Distinguished Member Array 5lima30ret's Avatar
    Most any holster either IWB or OWB is going to be difficult to get to while buckled in. This is one of the few areas where a good shoulder holster can actually work very well. We used to train on drawing from a level 3 duty holster inside a crowded patrol vehicle. It aint easy but can be done w/ practice! Good luck!
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, NC CWP, HR-218 Qualified
    Second generation American, Third generation Legionnaire
    "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

I get along very well with an ankle holster for long trips in the car. Might give it a try!!!!!!!!!!
    There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It's really great. Gen. James Mattis USMC

I could also look at using my 5.11 holster shirt, but I'd prefer a good holster.

Maybe with the vehicle my garage I'll train on drawing from my Crossbreed.

How's the Crossbreed appendix?

What's better to hide horizontal or vertical?

Give 'er a little wing tip! A little wing tip!

Have you thought about the jackets that have concealment pockets inside?.

Sara Lou
    Just because i'm paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get me....

How not to love a Galco Shoulder Rig Lite (all suede) for driving. I used to do that in Detroit with a .45 under a sweatshirt, too easy.
    I liked vertical with bbl pointed up for a natural draw.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

I dont seem to have that problem when driving and I carry a right now a SR9. But ive seen folks go shoulder holster which I have done in the past, or use a Remora or Sticky holster and just move it to the left side for cross draw which is fast also. Ive never actually had one of the Remoras or stickys but a lot seem to like them for that
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I use the Fist Inc. #42 Driving Holster quite a bit. I am 6'0" ~200lbs and sport a smallish spare tire around my middle. The holster in one position sits canted very nicely for the draw while seated. When I want to get out of the vehicle, it can either remain canted down to be covered by my garment and belly contour, or it can be rotated up into a more vertical crossdraw orientation by pushing a plastic tab.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.

Look at handgunlaw.us and it will give you the info you need on Washington laws.
    oneshot likes this.

Sitting for long periods of time? Ankle carry. Easy to access while sitting down.
    Hodad likes this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

TRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeem406 View Post
    Is there any nice leather rigs that carry vertical inside of horizontal so the muzzle points downward?
    Shoulder Holsters
    [/QUOTE]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links