Just Purchased a Glock 26 Gen 4 - Looking for holster for small framed body.

This is a discussion on Just Purchased a Glock 26 Gen 4 - Looking for holster for small framed body. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone, I'm pretty new to guns and the world of and I first learned how to handle and shoot a Glock 19 a couple ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Just Purchased a Glock 26 Gen 4 - Looking for holster for small framed body.

Just Purchased a Glock 26 Gen 4 - Looking for holster for small framed body.

Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new to guns and the world of and I first learned how to handle and shoot a Glock 19 a couple of weeks ago. Since then I've sat in on a CCW course, learned to shoot a friends AR-15 and just today purchased my very first gun, the Glock 26 Gen 4.

My CCW won't be coming to me for about 90 days so I figured I'd purchase this gun I wanted so that I can become proficient with it in the mean time (shooting, handling holstering while home, etc). I'm a smaller framed person standing at about 5'5 & 130lbs and I am LEFT handed so I am looking for a holster for the Gen 4 Glock 26 that I can carry comfortably and keep concealed to the best of my ability.

When I was in my local gun shop myself and the salesperson looked at a few holsters for right-handed individuals and the only compromise we could come up with (if I were to purchase right handed) was to wear the holster behind my back at about 6-7 o' clock or so. I didn't like how I had to reach for it the way I did and I figured I'd come here and seek advice before making a holster purchase. I'm not too worried about price (I don't want to pay an extreme amount) I just want something that will fit my small framed body nicely while concealing. I'd rather not have a huge bulge or have it be too obvious that I carry.

Oh, and I forgot to mention I'd prefer an IWB holster.

Thanks for any advice!

-Ky

2. Remove Ads

You might want to check out Remora holsters. For right around $30 they are tough to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by ksystyk View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new to guns and the world of and I first learned how to handle and shoot a Glock 19 a couple of weeks ago. Since then I've sat in on a CCW course, learned to shoot a friends AR-15 and just today purchased my very first gun, the Glock 26 Gen 4.

My CCW won't be coming to me for about 90 days so I figured I'd purchase this gun I wanted so that I can become proficient with it in the mean time (shooting, handling holstering while home, etc). I'm a smaller framed person standing at about 5'5 & 130lbs and I am LEFT handed so I am looking for a holster for the Gen 4 Glock 26 that I can carry comfortably and keep concealed to the best of my ability.

When I was in my local gun shop myself and the salesperson looked at a few holsters for right-handed individuals and the only compromise we could come up with (if I were to purchase right handed) was to wear the holster behind my back at about 6-7 o' clock or so. I didn't like how I had to reach for it the way I did and I figured I'd come here and seek advice before making a holster purchase. I'm not too worried about price (I don't want to pay an extreme amount) I just want something that will fit my small framed body nicely while concealing. I'd rather not have a huge bulge or have it be too obvious that I carry.

Oh, and I forgot to mention I'd prefer an IWB holster.

Thanks for any advice!

-Ky
    For absolutely minimal bulk in an IWB holster, it's hard to beat a good hybrid holster. Leather against your body, Kydex outside. Look into the Crossbreed Supertuck or one of the many, many similar holsters (Comp-Tac MTAC, etc.) Every holster maker has left handed versions of their wares, whether stores stock them or not is another problem so look online. If you have a few weeks to wait, that's more than long enough to get a hybrid as they're quick to produce and lead times are usually not much worse than a couple of weeks.

In general, I think having the belt clips on either side of the gun rather than on top of it helps minimize bulk, which will help even more if you're small framed. The models I mentioned above are like that.

You can also look into all-leather holsters, I personally use a Milt Sparks VM2 when I carry my Glock 19 or 26 IWB. I think it's fantastic, but it *is* slightly more bulky than a good hybrid on account of leather being thicker than Kydex.

A few more things to think about:

* Buy a good gun belt. You won't be sorry you did. It doesn't have to be ugly, shop around as most holster makers also sell belts and some are very good looking.
    * Think of how you're going to carry a spare magazine. Glock magazines are chunky and IMO they really suck to carry IWB when the gun's also IWB. I've settled on carrying my spare either in my front jeans pocket (using a pocket magazine holder), or OWB (which works for me as the holders I use barely protrude below the belt and I never tuck my shirt.)
    * Consider getting one or two Glock 19 magazines to carry as spares. To me at least, Glock 26 magazines are so short that they're a pain to retrieve out of a mag holder or my pocket. The added length of a Glock 19 magazine makes it far easier to get a good grip on, and I don't find them harder to conceal (for the spare, I carry the gun itself with its regular 10-round magazine).
    WrongRecroom likes this.

My husband carries a G26 in a tactipac and loves it. He wears it with fitted athletic shirts and it conceals well. They custom fit it to your measurements. There is a backlog there, so you don't get the holster right away. There are similar companies out there.

VIP Member
    Is the OP male or female? It matters when selecting a holster.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Is the OP male or female? It matters when selecting a holster.
    I'm a guy..forgot to mention that.

Couple quick things op

1. NV is a open carry state you dont need a permit to do that Amazon.com: DeSantis Mini Scabbard Glock 26/27/33 Right Hand Black: Sports & Outdoors is a good owb holster for cheep ( I personal would not carry on or near the strip the cops are not OC okey.
    2. You may want to look at a heavier spring/guide rod for that helps a lot you can get one for like 50 bucks or less
    3. I also love the remore hoslter cheep and I think they work .
    4. Also yes a good gun belt helps ALOT I like galco cop one but most hoslter makers make them
    5. Do look at a xtender grip for the 19 mags or the 12 round mags for the 26 or garrsion grips on amazon all help alot with grip
    6. I peronal like extented slide and take down levers on mine but that is up to you
    7. Most holster makers do make left handed models the galco summer commfort one comes to mind looks nice and most custom markers will as well ( so find a company that looks good and see what they can do ) .. Or look at galco /de santies etc they have plenty of hoslters iwb and owb for lefts handed

And look for a hoslter with something other then hard plastic facing skin ( trust me )

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Couple quick things op
    2. You may want to look at a heavier spring/guide rod for that helps a lot you can get one for like 50 bucks or less
    5. Do look at a xtender grip for the 19 mags or the 12 round mags for the 26 or garrsion grips on amazon all help alot with grip
    6. I peronal like extented slide and take down levers on mine but that is up to you
    I'd personally recommend shooting and carrying the gun a *lot* before doing any modifications to it. Then modify what doesn't work for you. Glocks are fine out of the box.

I carry my Gen4 Glock 26 in a Raven Concealment Glock Phantom Modular Holster here: Raven Concealment Systems - In stock and quick ship items Wife & I each have 2 of these for different handguns. Raven Concealment Systems makes a great product, wife & I both run our holsters OWB with the OWB Pancake Wings. In the summer months I wear just a t-shirt with my Gen4 Glock 26 & the wife mostly carries her S&W Shield.

But think for my Gen4 Glock 17 im gonna be getting myself one of these: Bravo Concealment · Gun Holsters
    WrongRecroom and sparkykb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher67 View Post
    I carry my Gen4 Glock 26 in a Raven Concealment Glock Phantom Modular Holster here: Raven Concealment Systems - In stock and quick ship items Wife & I each have 2 of these for different handguns. Raven Concealment Systems makes a great product, wife & I both run our holsters OWB with the OWB Pancake Wings. In the summer months I wear just a t-shirt with my Gen4 Glock 26 & the wife mostly carries her S&W Shield.
    Just curious, what do you use for a belt? I've shied away from Kydex OWBs because the ones I've tried feel like they'll mess up a nice leather belt on account of the loops being too rigid. And I really don't want to go around wearing a synthetic belt. The Raven looks great, but will it go with a stiff leather belt?

I personally carry my G26 gen 4 in a remora or crossbreed supertuck. Love both holster but the super tuck is best for all day carry. It is also very adjustable and they will make them in left hand.

VIP Member
    I hate hybrids, try as I might to like them. I carry either in a Brommeland Max-Con V, or more typically in one of these, a molded kydex formerly offered as the Ohio Special: PICT0037.JPG
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl76 View Post
    Just curious, what do you use for a belt? I've shied away from Kydex OWBs because the ones I've tried feel like they'll mess up a nice leather belt on account of the loops being too rigid. And I really don't want to go around wearing a synthetic belt. The Raven looks great, but will it go with a stiff leather belt?
    Wife & both have this belt, we love them. Have never tried our holsters with any type of leather belt though. Ranger Belt - $89.99 : Ares Gear

I like Appendix carry myself *(1:30-2:00) and i use 3Speed Holster
    Crossbreed has a model (not for my firearm) but they list G26 would fit my carry style perfectly Modular Belly Band | Crossbreed Holsters® Belly Band
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

I have an Alien Gear for my G26. They ship out quicker than Crossbreed, and are about half the price.
    My EDC: Springfield XDS
    My sometimes EDC: Colt XSE LW or G26

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links