Remora Holster

Remora Holster

This is a discussion on Remora Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Who owns one and how do you like it? Does it really stay in place? https://www.remoraholsterstore.com/ remora holster demo - YouTube...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Remora Holster

Remora Holster

Who owns one and how do you like it? Does it really stay in place?
    https://www.remoraholsterstore.com/
    remora holster demo - YouTube
    NRA Member! Give an inch, they will take a yard.

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

vBulletin Message
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Link doesn't work but yes I have a remora and yes it does stay in place. Obviously you cannot expect it to stay perfect but for normal everyday activities it stays really well. Lots of people here are pretty big fans of remora
    Hank19119 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by B_2keys View Post
    Link doesn't work but yes I have a remora and yes it does stay in place. Obviously you cannot expect it to stay perfect but for normal everyday activities it stays really well. Lots of people here are pretty big fans of remora
    Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank19119 View Post
    vBulletin Message
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
    Weird, when I click on it it gives me a page with 50+ threads of nothing but Remora reviews.

Try the search feature! Plenty of good reading.
    Hank19119 likes this.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

VIP Member
    Yes, both Gramps and I have Remora holsters for our "baby Glocks" and our j frames. I use mine more than any of my other holsters. If you wear them next to your skin they most definitely stay in place because they really DO stick! If you wear them over fabric they might slip unless you have a sturdy belt to help anchor them.

I wear clothes that fit (not skin tight but definitely not loose) but still wear a belt when I go out for the day, just as extra insurance. I also sometimes wear my Remora with Lounging type pants with the elastic plus tie string waist and have had no problem although others have said they have had the holsters slip with that type of garment on.

As to how a Remora would work with a full size gun - others will have to answer that for you.

As for me: I LOVE 'EM!!!!!

Oops: Drawback? If you have to take down your pants to use the bathroom (I'm an old lady, so that is regularly and often) you do have to keep taking your holster out and putting it back in. This can be a challenge in a public rest room that might not be sparkling clean.
    Hank19119 likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

It works great with my G26 but with my short barreled snub it worked out of my waist if not adjusting it occasionally. Changed to a Sideguard for the snub but still use the remora for the glock.
    Hank19119 likes this.

I love the one I have for my Glock 26, mostly use it for in house pajama carry. It does stay pretty much in place but for me at least it tends to rotate a bit which i would find annoying for all day carry. For quickly stashing a gun in your waistband they're amazing.

Still I find it useful enough that I've ordered additional remoras for my other carry guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hank19119 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    My wife has a Remora for her Ruger LC9 and it works as advertised. I use a Sticky holster for my Kahr CM9 and it works very well too. IMO, the Sticky holster is, well, stickier!
    Hank19119 likes this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

I have one for my PM9. Bought it on a whim and didn't expect much, was surprised to find it works really well.
    Hank19119 likes this.

I have a thies hybrid holster for my primary carry of my px4 but a remora for my quick out the door setup with my shield.I can put in place quickly and it stays put. I was in the I will never have a holster without a clip camp but after reading all the reviews I decided to give it a try. I'm thankful I did it has been fantastic and I've had no problems with it even when wearing with shorts with just a drawstring.
    Hank19119 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Azchief View Post
    I have a thies hybrid holster for my primary carry of my px4 but a remora for my quick out the door setup with my shield.I can put in place quickly and it stays put. I was in the I will never have a holster without a clip camp but after reading all the reviews I decided to give it a try. I'm thankful I did it has been fantastic and I've had no problems with it even when wearing with shorts with just a drawstring.
    I have the exact setup, Theis for good retention and a remora for quick trips or else with sweatpants or shorts. The remora is also great for just leaving my gun on the coffee table while watching tv.

I have a bunch ask what you want . They are great for non belt situation. Cheep too.

I have the owb/iwb and ankle version (got a few on sale )

So far tried out a shild in one ( that was great and commfy)

I have most of the option ones so if you have a question about fit etc ( for the leather linned or extra mag one )ask and I can try to answer
    Hank19119 likes this.

I will on ocassion use my Sticky MD4 (Same principle as Remora) In jeans it works well (expecially when wearing a belt. in shorts (beltless) it demands a little more attention.
    Hank19119 likes this.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links