Alien gear shells

Alien gear shells

This is a discussion on Alien gear shells within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered one for my G26 and it has been over a week...do they take as long as a full holster? The site said they ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Alien gear shells

Alien gear shells

I ordered one for my G26 and it has been over a week...do they take as long as a full holster? The site said they were in stock?

tag
    I've been waiting 27 days for a holster with no communication from Alien about lead times and no reply to my email but they sure didn't take long to charge my credit card.

Not a happy customer.
    2tall79 likes this.
    YOU are the weapon, your firearm is just a tool!

How are these in general if I may ask? Was considering buying one for the guarentees and the considerable price difference. I've heard they're thicker but that doesn't bother me much as I'm bigger than most and wear loose fitting clothes, so concealment shouldn't be a problem. Wondering more about ease of use and comfort

Mine arrived quickly and i like it (i use with the leather belt loops).

Sorry to hear about your frustration. Have you contacted them?

Quote Originally Posted by fishwiz4 View Post
    Mine arrived quickly and i like it (i use with the leather belt loops).

Sorry to hear about your frustration. Have you contacted them?
    When did your order and receive?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

When I ordered 1 for my shield the site said 1-10 days to ship,that was 3 weeks ago with no shipping confirmation yet. I called and they said they are experiencing a higher than normal wait time and should be 2-3 weeks . Wish they would of put the new wait time on there site,I may have ordered a different holster.

Wow that's unusually long. I just got a second one from them last Friday took about 8 days, my first order took about 9 days.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

I am very satisfied with mine...that is why I ordered a shell for the different gun. Just was hoping the shell wouldn't take as long as the original holster took to receive

My guess is that they are a small operation and getting overwhelmed by positive reviews. Personally, I would rather see them take longer than cut corners, but eventually they will need to look at expanding in a way that maintains quality and increases profitability (to keep prices low). Regarding the delay, unless he / they have something already built and ready to ship (holster or shell) my guess is that they use a simple FIFO scheduling method (so, a shell would take about as long as a full holster to ship). Just my $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggity View Post
    When did your order and receive?
    I think it was in October. I think I received it in about a week after i ordered it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad883 View Post
    I ordered one for my G26 and it has been over a week...do they take as long as a full holster? The site said they were in stock?
    I don't know anything about the company specifically but I would mention that ordering anything, from darn near anywhere, the week of Christmas is going to be iffy at best. Between their increase in orders and the additional burden to every parcel delivery service, you can't really expect the same sort of turnaround as you would normally see.

Just my $0.02
    Rotorflyr likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad883 View Post
    I am very satisfied with mine...that is why I ordered a shell for the different gun. Just was hoping the shell wouldn't take as long as the original holster took to receive
    I don't own Alien Gear products, but prior to Christmas there was a 3 week wait I believe. I am sure that orders are fulfilled as they are received and right before Christmas is a very busy time for a lot of companies even if something is in stock. The shell I ordered through White Hat Holsters was shipped USPS Priority, great CS and there wasn't even a warranty issue I just wanted a shell for a different gun since my MP40C is too wide to conceal. I like to talk to them on the phone when ordering, then they send me a PayPal bill. IMO if you can talk to them on the phone and they answer it when you call, you know they care.
    RHankD likes this.
    NRA Member
    Criminology Student
    Expert in learning :)

Quote Originally Posted by tag View Post
    I've been waiting 27 days for a holster with no communication from Alien about lead times and no reply to my email but they sure didn't take long to charge my credit card.

Not a happy customer.
    Same with me ....6weeks in and not a peep. They haven't answered emails or phones messages. They did manage to charge my card right away.
    ".... If there's something wrong, those who have the ability to take action have the responsibility to take action."

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I don't know anything about the company specifically but I would mention that ordering anything, from darn near anywhere, the week of Christmas is going to be iffy at best. Between their increase in orders and the additional burden to every parcel delivery service, you can't really expect the same sort of turnaround as you would normally see.

Just my $0.02

Not to mention that (some) places do shut down for a few days around the holidays as well.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

tag
    I don't have a problem with an order taking 4-6 weeks to arrive. I have a problem with the lack of communication. Alien could list a 4-6 week lead time clearly on their web site or tell me in their confirmation email. I'm sure that would satisfy their customers.

That said they finally answered the email today that I sent 10 days ago. They informed me my holster should ship next week.
    YOU are the weapon, your firearm is just a tool!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links