Looking for a Holster to use with an attached gun light...

This is a discussion on Looking for a Holster to use with an attached gun light... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking to mount my new StreamLight TLR-1s (strobe) to a Sig MK25 9mm. Anybody have any ideas on where I might locate a quality holster ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By sparkykb
  • 1 Post By Sgt45

Thread: Looking for a Holster to use with an attached gun light...

Exclamation Looking for a Holster to use with an attached gun light...

Looking to mount my new StreamLight TLR-1s (strobe) to a Sig MK25 9mm. Anybody have any ideas on where I might locate a quality holster in BOTH IWB and OWB carry modes for this combo?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

I like bladetech holsters. I have them for that light for glocks & M&Ps in OWB.

I find their IWB holsters uncomfortable. Then again, I hate IWB carry. I will warn you, they (holsters for guns with lights), seem enormous compared to regular holsters.

Look at bravo holsters, never used them, but I was also wondering and did a little research.

Exclamation Blade tech

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post

I find their IWB holsters uncomfortable. Then again, I hate IWB carry. I will warn you, they (holsters for guns with lights), seem enormous compared to regular holsters.
    I was buying Blade Tech practically from the very start of the company. But recently, I have been dissatisfied with their quality. I bought an OWB holster from them that was a paddle for attaching it and it was so flimsy I thought I'd gotten a cheap FOBUS by accident. It was also very difficult to slide over belt and pants for a tight secure fit. It was actually a really frustrating experience and so I abandoned the brand. I have had a close look at this new ?? Bravo holster company and had an email exchange. I'm going with their new RTT holster for my choice as it serves as both an IWB & OWB rig and is easily converted from one to the other. Very nice YouTube video on the product at their web page. Thanks for your input, though. It means a lot.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Raven Concealment is my go to holster choice. Holsters come standard with OWB loops but IWB soft loops can be ordered and are what I use daily. As far as I can tell Bravo Concealment is a copy of the Raven holsters at a slightly cheaper price to undercut the industry leader.
    WrongRecroom and OD* like this.

Sawyer Concealment out of Jackson, MI does a really nice job.
    Kennydale likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post

I got one from Comptac for G-19 and TLR-1s and echo what StormRhydr stated. It feels and looks like a 15 pound 8 o'clock hip tumor

With my artic parka on and covered with my guilly suit it conceals well.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

OD*
    I'll second Raven Concealment, I have one for a G17 w/light, works very well.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by sparkykb View Post
    Raven Concealment is my go to holster choice. Holsters come standard with OWB loops but IWB soft loops can be ordered and are what I use daily. As far as I can tell Bravo Concealment is a copy of the Raven holsters at a slightly cheaper price to undercut the industry leader.
    That's why it's called a "Free Market" economy! Long may it prosper.

Links