Range And Carry (RAC) Holster Review

This is a discussion on Range And Carry (RAC) Holster Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; DISCLAIMER: I am not employed by or affiliated with I.C.E. Training, Rob Pincus, or Psy-Op Tactical Holsters. The following review is based on my personal ...

Thread: Range And Carry (RAC) Holster Review

DISCLAIMER: I am not employed by or affiliated with I.C.E. Training, Rob Pincus, or Psy-Op Tactical Holsters. The following review is based on my personal experience and is intended for informational purposes only.

I don't post often but regularly read this sites many forums. I recently posted this review on my FB page and thought the members here might enjoy it as we'll...

Earlier this year I made the decision to switch to kydex holsters/gear. I now work in a construction type job and needed something more durable and sweat resistant than leather. I was all set to purchase another brand when I learned Rob Pincus had designed a kydex holster.

Rob Pincus has a solid reputation for not advocating or promoting products just simply to sell gadgets. So I figured if he designed a holster for "Range & Carry", this is something I should look into.

I've been using this holster daily for about two weeks. I primarily carry a G26 but occasionally switch to a G19, the holsters open bottom design allows for carrying all sizes of a specific "family" of guns (Glock, M&P, XD, etc.)

The holster holds the pistol tight agains the body while hugging the curve of the hip making for a very comfortable carry. With the belt properly tightened I found no movement of the holster along the belt, leather or synthetic.

Retention was superb. The holster holds the pistol firmly even when turned upside down and gently shaken; however, drawing is smooth and no "hard pull" is needed.

The "lip" molded into the face of the holster was designed for easier re-holstering and one handed manipulations. While this feature aided both, I find that it helps with the latter the most.

The holster conceals very well under a sweatshirt, button down shirt, or heavy polo, not so well under a t-shirt or "performance" polo. Of course this is with MY wardrobe and MY body, your experience may be different.

My only dislike for this holster is that it is a straight drop design. I prefer about 15 degrees of cant; however, to call it a dislike is unfair as it was well and honestly described and I knew this before I purchased.

My holster won't see much range use as sadly the range I shoot at doesn't allow drawing from the holster. For my body type, wearing my style of clothing, participating in the activities of my lifestyle I probably won't cary this much in Ohio's summer months; however, I see this holster as being my permanent cool/cold weather carry holster.

This holster is definitely well thought out and we'll made. It is honestly advertised and priced conservatively. I'm very happy with my purchase and look forward to other products in this line.

To purchase: I.C.E. RAC (Range and Carry) Kydex Holster

2. Remove Ads

Sponsor
    No pics?

I guess that would help...

Front

Back

And to show how different guns protrude from the open bottom...

Glock 19

Glock 26

Links