New User That Needs Some Advice...

This is a discussion on New User That Needs Some Advice... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am new to this forum but not new to guns in general, my husband (who is also a member of this forum) has been ...

Thread: New User That Needs Some Advice...

New User That Needs Some Advice...

I am new to this forum but not new to guns in general, my husband (who is also a member of this forum) has been into weapons and firearms for a while now so I get some good advice from him. I am 20 years old (21 soon), have a 3 year old son and am a stay at home mom. I am very tall for a woman 6' 4". I need advice on what type of holster that I should try out. My husband uses the CBST Deluxe and it works really well for him but I don't think that it will for me since women's clothes are a lot different then mens. Plus since I'm tall my shirts are not as long as I would like and ride up on my sides sometimes. My husband bought me the Sig Sauer P938 and thats what ill be carrying unless I can talk him into getting me another gun as well. I was looking at the Remora holsters and really like that there is no clips or anything that can be seen on the belt. So basically I would like to know what type of holsters that can be recommended for me and also any information that I can get to help me better my decisions on what to purchase.

2. Remove Ads

Because male and female body structure differs so it is hard to offer a sound suggestion for on the body carry. I can say my wife uses a purse carry when she goes out.

Here is a link to another thread on here that is full of good info about holsters for women of various shapes and sizes.

The Official Female Carry Reference Thread
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    You may also want to check out Cornered Cat. My wife found good information there.

Distinguished Member
    My wife and I both use Remora holsters more than any other. She carries a Sig P238 most of the time and I generally carry either a Sig P238, a Para-USA 1911 or a Springfield XD-40, all in Remoras. No real complaints... they stay put (even the heavy 1911) and cost very little.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

I do like a Remora with some outfits, however I still wear a belt with it. IWB hybrid kydex holster has become my preferred carry. I also have a pancake holster for OWB if I'm wearing a jacket that will cover it (like this). I'm not as tall as you but by no means short. Changing my wardrobe helped a lot in being comfortable carrying. I picked up several black, tightly fitted, long tanks or t's that I can wear under any button down shirt, casual jacket or hoody. Another tank goes underneath it all if I want something tucked in behind the holster.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    You may also want to check out Cornered Cat. My wife found good information there.
    That would be Cornered Cat | If you have to fight, fight like a cornered cat.

You might also start looking into getting longer shirts. They have a Big & Tall shop for men, do they have something like that for women?
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Remora is good .I like the lack of clips and it has stayed in for me esp for a small gun like a 938

also Holsters
    Concealed Carry Products for Women ? The Well Armed Woman

also you could probley easily fit it in a pocket holster . I know the 238 is a good pocket gun

I would say get a few holster see what works for your lifestyle some like the remora are cheep ( and often 30%off) so no harm in trying one or two and a lot of times the more expensive custome holster have money back gurenties

I love this holster for my bodyguard Amazon.com: Desantis Mini Scabbard Holster for SIG P938 Gun, Right Hand, Tan: Sports & Outdoors but it is owb so in a no open carry state like FL might not be good but a great for chilly weather holster

And while I am not a fan of men buying a gun for there wife ( unless she ask for it ) you did good the 938 is a very controlable gun as it heaiver built . I like both the 238 and 938 some of my fav carry guns . Have you shoot it yet? If it helps the 7 round extented mags help a lot

Also note check the gun the early 938 were not good at all ( they used 238 parts , lot of james etc) the new one are purpose built and great guns

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    That would be Cornered Cat | If you have to fight, fight like a cornered cat.

You might also start looking into getting longer shirts. They have a Big & Tall shop for men, do they have something like that for women?
    +1
    My wife is 6 ft & skinny. She likes purse carry best and gets purses for CC with long straps that go over her head to preclude snatching & a 'dedicated' compartment for her .380acp. She is retired with arthritis, so needed a 4lb trigger with a slide she could rack.

Also she wears my Big & Tall shirts all the time in public.... even gets compliments. (I am 6'5" / 292 lbs)
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Links