Magazine Holder

This is a discussion on Magazine Holder within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Iím looking for an vertical OWB kydex magazine holder that rides high (so that the bottom doesnít show below a polo shirt) and is as ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By robhic
  • 2 Post By BrianThomas

Thread: Magazine Holder

Magazine Holder

Iím looking for an vertical OWB kydex magazine holder that rides high (so that the bottom doesnít show below a polo shirt) and is as slim as possible. Iím looking for an option for a double stack 9mm Glock magazine and a single stack 9mm S&W Shield magazine.

FWIW - Here is what I already own

• PJ Holster Mag - (OWB) ó Rides too low and covers too much of the mag to get a really good grip (Glock 19 Mag)

• Blackhawk Double Stack - Rides high, fast deployment, but the clip is very thick and extends too far from the belt.

2. Remove Ads

Look at these and see what you think:KYTEX Shooting Gear | Shooting Accessories for Competition, Carry & Duty

VersaCarry, the minimalist holster maker is advertising a, what else?, minimalist mag carrier. It's not at the web site, I saw it in a magazine ad. Maybe it is by now, but it is very thin and might be 'zactly what you want.
    miller_man likes this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Check out Dale fricke. His products have always been awesome for me and he is a great guy to boot. I bought one for my Glock and 1911 and love them. Comptac is also a great choice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by robhic View Post
    Look at these and see what you think:KYTEX Shooting Gear | Shooting Accessories for Competition, Carry & Duty

VersaCarry, the minimalist holster maker is advertising a, what else?, minimalist mag carrier. It's not at the web site, I saw it in a magazine ad. Maybe it is by now, but it is very thin and might be 'zactly what you want.

Thanks! The KYTEX shooting gear one looks promising. I ordered one. I'll keep an eye out for the minimalist mag carrier as well. As you mentioned, I didn't see it on their website yet.
    dgunnut and TX expat like this.

Thanks! I'll take a look at those as well. Scott Harrison from Tactical Response mentioned that he really liked Dale Fricke's Archangel AIWB holster. He was running it during a Fighting Pistol class I attended.

Good thread, I was looking for something similar.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Sponsor
    Have you considered a leather owb mag carrier? http://www.shtfgear.com/extras/SHTFGEAR-HMC

-Clay

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    Have you considered a leather owb mag carrier? Horizontal Magazine Carrier, Gen 2

-Clay
    I hadn't really considered a leather option. For me, I see a faster reload from kydex being a higher priority than the retention benefits of the leather flap. Also, I'm really looking for a vertical orientation, because belt space is at a premium.

How does the Kytex rides any higher than other vertical carriers. I got myself a Wilson combat mag carrier for 1911 magazines to wear with short ts. However, I find myself wearing the mag holder all the time. It does take more belt space but since I carry at 2:00 o'clock it does not bother me. Also most times I carry appendix and I do not feel that it bothers me to draw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rickshooter View Post
    How does the Kytex rides any higher than other vertical carriers. I got myself a Wilson combat mag carrier for 1911 magazines to wear with short ts. However, I find myself wearing the mag holder all the time. It does take more belt space but since I carry at 2:00 o'clock it does not bother me. Also most times I carry appendix and I do not feel that it bothers me to draw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm a big fan of the Magholder as well and when I'm not carrying other gear on my belt, it isn't an issue. However, at times I'm carrying a TDI and pepper spray. Add a flashlight to the mix and horizontal belt space is at a premium.

Buck's knife sheath.

I've used the RM Holster's Mag Pouches (Products) for the past two years and really like them. They're durable, hold the mags tight, and ride high.

Links