Can Can Concealment holsters for women

This is a discussion on Can Can Concealment holsters for women within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think Can-Can Has hit upon a good way to fill a niche in the holster market that needs filling. Best of luck to the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Can Can Concealment holsters for women

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I think Can-Can Has hit upon a good way to fill a niche in the holster market that needs filling. Best of luck to the ladies involved.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

2. Remove Ads

P238 is same as, y wife has, such a cool and quality pistol.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I have to admit I got sidetracked by a naysayer on this thread and then went ahead and purchased a Remora 3n1. I don't think I will regret the Remora for some carry situations but I am now believing you are spot on, Jen, with your great review! I will be purchasing the garter version with the Zombie green accents. I might be able to carry my Taurus 85UL but the new Taurus View is next on my weapon purchase list and what I wish to carry in this garter.
    jenatron and gatorbait51 like this.
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

Quote Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
    H M O G. Pistols are not cell phones, to be slipped into "whatever".
    I use a similar system and carry at 1:30 (AIWB) I understand all the responsibilities of Appendix Carry (Gov't did not have to force the mfr to sew a cautionary label on my holster saying i might shoot the family JEWELS off.) I have some physical limitations that make a 3:00-6:00 draw impossible. Now I have a lot of respect for the Holster Mfr that distributes what you produce, but not everyone goes down that path.
    jenatron and gatorbait51 like this.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Thank you for the review. I've seen some ads for the Can-Can holsters recently and they look interesting. NO! Not for me! But my dentist has recently expressed an interest and purchased a gun. I don't know what kind but I offered to give her a basic info 101 type thing along with some live fire. Don't want to go lookin' for a new dentist after 20 years. If she wants to pursue a CCP I'll point her in the right direction and then if she needs a holster, the Can-Can looks like it might be one she could look at.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
    Not YOUR wherever :-), the band itself is a 'wherever'. There is no politeness called for when safety with a loaded pistol - condition one no less - is involved. Belly bands are old-school, suitable only for the long-gone days of hammerless Centennial double-action revolvers. Your SAYING it's "perfectly safe" doesn't make it "perfectly safe"; you're guessing. I'm not guessing. That game has changed, single-action cocked and locked can't be treated like an old M&P police revolver. And we don't ignore what we've learned for the sake of not hurting anyone's feelings.

A bit of pink ribbon doesn't transcend a holster's essential character as a personal weapons carrier; a weapon that can go "kablooey" at the wrong time - or eject a magazine, or jack a slide, or snag a trigger, or flick off a safety, or catch on a rear sight, or catch on a front sight, or interfere with a full grasp and cause a fumble, or -- this is not a business for amateurs with no more than a sewing machine and a fashion sense.

I'd be especially concerned about holstering. Imagine drawing and firing; police are about to attend the scene and you don't want to be the only person seen waving a pistol around. You're nervous, you're shaking -- can you holster AT ALL with the band both collapsed, and behind your back? Or does the pistol have to go into your waistband at the front? If so, that's a fail.
    You realize that hammerless double action revolvers are still in widespread use.... right? Just because you use the word "Centennial" doesn't make it a factual statement. A holster only needs to do a couple of things in my experience; secure the gun, protect the trigger, and allow for reasonable draw access. After that it's all training. Doesn't matter if the holster is made of pink fluffy teddy bears, if it does those three things it can be made to work safely - with training - as can most things, even if the gun is in the evil and dreaded "condition one".

Edit: I almost forgot why I wanted to reply; to the OP, thanks for the review, I really like seeing people try new products and have good success with them.
    jenatron, TRX and gatorbait51 like this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Little bit of update on Can Can. I emailed them the other day about whether they had considered making a flesh colored version. Summer dresses tend to be lightweight or come in white. A black thigh holster might show a little. Or, a flash wouldn't be so "revealing" with a flesh colored garter. Well, good news. Here's their response:

"Thanks for writing. Yes, we will be offering a flesh color and in fact are currently working hard to procure the supplies to produce them. Because we will accept only the best materials, we are still a few months out but, please keep checking our site! We are shooting for April.

Carry Beautifully!
    Alison"
    Carpe Diem
    "Winter Is Coming"

Quote Originally Posted by Firearm.Fan.Girl View Post
    Little bit of update on Can Can. I emailed them the other day about whether they had considered making a flesh colored version. Summer dresses tend to be lightweight or come in white. A black thigh holster might show a little. Or, a flash wouldn't be so "revealing" with a flesh colored garter. Well, good news. Here's their response:

"Thanks for writing. Yes, we will be offering a flesh color and in fact are currently working hard to procure the supplies to produce them. Because we will accept only the best materials, we are still a few months out but, please keep checking our site! We are shooting for April.

Carry Beautifully!
    Alison"
    Sounds like they are a very responsive company to their clients. Hope they do well.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Carry Beautifully!
    Alison"
    Good idea! Thanks for the info. I think I'll end up buying another set when they get them in. Awesome.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I'll have to get my wife to take a look at these. She is still struggling to find the right holster for her.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I like the Big SheBang not because it's "sexy" (it isn't) but because it's basically a set of pockets. You know, those things men are allowed to have in their clothes which are mysteriously missing from women's clothes? I'm picturing a pocket knife, a more securely carried cell phone, all kinds of stuff.

I think I want one even if the group wisdom is that it isn't safe for carry (and I'm definitely at the point of trusting the group wisdom over my own newbie judgment).
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Awesome write up, I'll be checking these out ^_^
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Has anyone tried these with a revolver. I want on for my wife she is a wheelie gal
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Carry Beautifully!
    Alison"
    Makes me think of a scene in The Croods (this from IMDB Quotes):

Guy: Okay, open them. I call them "shoes".
    Eep: [Opens her eyes and screams in panic and excitement] I *LOVE* them! Where are my feet?!

And a toy holster from more than a half century ago:

risgay garter holster.jpg

Except carry rigs are for weapons, not toys. Let's get real.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Red (Richard) Nichols

Good write up. I hope your holster serves you well. The company sounds like it's poised for success but of course ultimately their product will determine that. It's good too hearing from a veteran holster maker on the design. In fact, I think he confirmed some of my concerns regarding a purchase I have been contemplating . In my opinion, competing views, many backed with real world experience, are part of the strength of the community (as annoying as I find it upon occasion).
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links