5.11 trainer belt

This is a discussion on 5.11 trainer belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've got a gift card from Xmas burning a hole in my pocket and am thinking about ordering a new gun belt. The belt I ...

Thread: 5.11 trainer belt

5.11 trainer belt

I've got a gift card from Xmas burning a hole in my pocket and am thinking about ordering a new gun belt. The belt I am looking at is a 5.11 trainer belt 5.11 Tactical Trainer 1 1/2" Wide Tactical Belt | Official 5.11 Site . I like the fact they are infinitely adjustable. Anyone have any experience with these for CCW? If anyone owns one do they run true to size? My pant waist is 34-36 and am thinking about ordering the XL to leave some room for a iwb holster.
    Last edited by dougroch; January 4th, 2014 at 02:23 PM. Reason: correct spelling

2. Remove Ads

A great belt, and you'll love it for keeping your holster tight with no sagging over time. I have several of them...some for years...still good as new!
    Plan on 2 - 4 inches for IWB or OWB...with the Velcro...fitting is not a problem, even if it is a little too big.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I had the same problem (Gander Mountain gift card) so I just ordered the same belt a couple days ago. Looking forward to trying it out!
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

I've got on and it works well. But I had to wear mine backwards to what I wear a leather belt so I did not have to run the tag end under the holster. I've since went to a leather belt, but kept that one for hiking. Still works well.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Links