SHTF ACE-1, Initial Impressions

This is a discussion on SHTF ACE-1, Initial Impressions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to the mailbox this afternoon and found a box from Utah in it, so I knew it was the holster from SHTF Gear. I ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Tundra5.7
  • 2 Post By jaybee
  • 1 Post By fulleraj

Thread: SHTF ACE-1, Initial Impressions

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar

Went to the mailbox this afternoon and found a box from Utah in it, so I knew it was the holster from SHTF Gear. I quickly went back to my house and opened the box. For whatever reason, I expected the holster to be much larger and bulkier than it actually is. The staff even included a small allen wrench to adjust and keep the metal belt clips tight and a small window sticker. After reading the instructions and warnings, I tried the holster on and have had it on since about 12 PM. Why did I wait so long to get one of these holsters? I'm still kind of playing around with the exact location of the holster but right now, 3 o'clock seems to be the most comfortable position for me. I'm certainly glad I purchased this product!

I may eventually order some of the belt loops SHTF Gear has available. I think the loops may put a little less wear on your belt and may be easier to take on and off. Any thoughts on this from long time users?

I also need to mention the production and shipping times were first rate. I ordered the holster on December 26th and it arrived in my mailbox on January 4th. IMO, you can't ask for much better than that!
    welder516 likes this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Distinguished Member
    When you find just the right holster it is a beautiful thing indeed. My new holster from Jeff Hays has the belt loops, but I have not used them yet. I kinda like the clips.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Photos?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Couple pics as requested.

VIP Member
    You're going to like it.

Wearing one right now with an XDs....

los
    Very, Very Nice!! Congrats.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra5.7 View Post
    Couple pics as requested.

Thanks for the photos, great carry gun by the way! Keep us posted with your feedback on how you are liking it. I'm on my own holster hunt for the g27. Waiting on an alien gear holster myself. Appears you have had quicker turnaround with the SHTF. I ordered mine Christmas eve and still waiting.

I like to get SHTF ACE'd every once in a while.
    Taurahe and Tundra5.7 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaybee View Post
    I like to get SHTF ACE'd every once in a while.

Aaaand now back to our regularly scheduled thread......

Went to the mailbox this afternoon and found a box from Utah in it, so I knew it was the holster from SHTF Gear. I quickly went back to my house and opened the box. For whatever reason, I expected the holster to be much larger and bulkier than it actually is. The staff even included a small allen wrench to adjust and keep the metal belt clips tight and a small window sticker. After reading the instructions and warnings, I tried the holster on and have had it on since about 12 PM. Why did I wait so long to get one of these holsters? I'm still kind of playing around with the exact location of the holster but right now, 3 o'clock seems to be the most comfortable position for me. I'm certainly glad I purchased this product!

I may eventually order some of the belt loops SHTF Gear has available. I think the loops may put a little less wear on your belt and may be easier to take on and off. Any thoughts on this from long time users?

I also need to mention the production and shipping times were first rate. I ordered the holster on December 26th and it arrived in my mailbox on January 4th. IMO, you can't ask for much better than that!
    sometimes, a good I TOLD YOU SO just fits.... so with out further delay... I TOLD YOU SO !!!!!
    As far as the belt loops go, I have the older style leather ones, and they are fantastic. They wear well, hold tight, and look great. I have not had issues with them wearing the belt or themselves, but the metal clips have not been a problem either. I have not tried the new style of belt loops yet, but I do have some. I need to order a SHTF gear holster for my MP9 fullsize.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    sometimes, a good I TOLD YOU SO just fits.... so with out further delay... I TOLD YOU SO !!!!!
    As far as the belt loops go, I have the older style leather ones, and they are fantastic. They wear well, hold tight, and look great. I have not had issues with them wearing the belt or themselves, but the metal clips have not been a problem either. I have not tried the new style of belt loops yet, but I do have some. I need to order a SHTF gear holster for my MP9 fullsize.

Yea, you did tell me so and I don't mind admitting it. I guess what concerned me the most was a hybrid I saw for sale in a LGS a few years back. I don't remember what brand or what pistol it was for but it was huge. I thought to myself there was no way all that leather and plastic would fit inside my pants. I am happy that the SHTF holster is on the small side but yet still manages to cover and protect the pistol. I really think I could conceal a full size pistol with one of these holsters....might be a little tough in the summer but I think I could do it. This is a purchase that I'm really happy with.

It is good to hear the metal clips don't seem to be causing you any excessive wear. Mine are very tight and the holster does not move around one bit. So unless I take the holster on and off my pants several times a day, I don't see much extra wear happening. For the money though, I'll probably order some of the belt loops and give them a try.

Again, I am left asking myself why I waited so long to give this style of holster a try????

Yea, you did tell me so and I don't mind admitting it. I guess what concerned me the most was a hybrid I saw for sale in a LGS a few years back. I don't remember what brand or what pistol it was for but it was huge. I thought to myself there was no way all that leather and plastic would fit inside my pants. I am happy that the SHTF holster is on the small side but yet still manages to cover and protect the pistol. I really think I could conceal a full size pistol with one of these holsters....might be a little tough in the summer but I think I could do it. This is a purchase that I'm really happy with.

It is good to hear the metal clips don't seem to be causing you any excessive wear. Mine are very tight and the holster does not move around one bit. So unless I take the holster on and off my pants several times a day, I don't see much extra wear happening. For the money though, I'll probably order some of the belt loops and give them a try.

Again, I am left asking myself why I waited so long to give this style of holster a try????
    We all make bad decisions occasionaly lol. as far as concealing a full size goes, I was more than able to conceal a G22 in one in shorts and a T shirt. It just may require a larger T-shirt, or a light weight cover shirt, but do not under estimate the ability of the SHTF Gear Ace 1 to hide it. For me, it was an excellent blend of ride height and weight distribution that really made it work well.
    One of the great things about the SHTF gear holsters is how they size them based on the size of the gun. They dont just stick a shell on a leather backing. They size the leather backing to the gun... so the backer for a full size is much larger than the backer for a BG .380.... a very genius idea indeed.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Currently conceal carry my HK 45 compact in an SHTF holster. Best combination of kydex and leather that I've found so far. Very smooth draw from the 4 o'clock position. Loved it so much, I just ordered one for my USP.
    SHTFGearLLC likes this.

VIP Member
    I have a few of the holsters (SHTF) very comfortable and prices that are comfortable too .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Sponsored Links