Best IWB holster for 1911/Glock 26

This is a discussion on Best IWB holster for 1911/Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I started a thread a few hours ago about shoulder riggs for the 1911 but the more I started to look and notice how a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Best IWB holster for 1911/Glock 26

I started a thread a few hours ago about shoulder riggs for the 1911 but the more I started to look and notice how a vertical drop rig looks I started to wonder if I would be better off with a inside the waist band holster. Looking for more advice on the issue since I am new to ccw. I have a remington r1 1911 and stand at 5'11 and 215lbs. I dont know if I could pull off ccw on a 1911 since I am not use to carrying. I am looking for a highly concealable holster since I want to do my best to avoid printing, plus with a bit of a belly i am a bit concerned I will never be able to avoid printing. I guess my question is how does one pull off ccw with a fully size 1911? Also I have a g26 and wanting to find a good iwb holster for it as well. I am considering crossbreed since its made in my home town but as i said i am looking for HIGH concealability. I have an x-concealment holster coming in for the g26 for winter carry but looking for a good summer holster for the glock. If i was to ccw the 1911 it would be strictly winter carry. Looking for any and all advice on how to carry, which method, which holster, and things to remember when carrying a 1911...or g26. Thank you guys for helping a newbie out.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I really like my milt sparks vm2 for the g26. Nothing wrong with crossbreed though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Give the Foxx hybrid holster a try. I have them for my Glocks and 1911. Great and well priced holsters. My EDC holster for my Glock is going on a year old and is reliable and comfortable.

www.foxxholsters.com

gatorbait51 likes this.

I second the milt sparks VM2. I want one but it is quite a wait. I have my g26 in a crossbreed supertuck and it is great. Just got one for my 1911 as well. I have no complaints on the crossbreed because it is super comfortable!

I will get the VM2 one day as I really like a leather holder as well.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by phil413tx View Post
    I second the milt sparks VM2. I want one but it is quite a wait. I have my g26 in a crossbreed supertuck and it is great. Just got one for my 1911 as well. I have no complaints on the crossbreed because it is super comfortable!

I will get the VM2 one day as I really like a leather holder as well.
    Can always try eBay if you don't want to wait. Or see if topgunsupply had any in stock.

gatorbait51 likes this.

If you are considering a Crossbreed take a look at this guy... Excellent quality and horsehide without the extra charge.

http://www.ozarksholstercompany.com
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    I too prefer to buy locally; most of my holsters for 1911s and my gun belt are from. Wild Bill's Concealment | Holsters and Accessories for Concealed Carry Glocks not a clue.

Covert Carry

Summer Heat
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I prefer IWB. And leather.

And Milt Sparks makes the finest holsters on the planet, in my opinion. Their VMII goes perfect with a 1911, and while I have never owned a 26, I have had several 19s, and currently have an M&P 9c. They all rode in a Sparks Summer Special II.

If you're in a hurry, Brownells stocks SSIIs for 1911s and Glocks. Top Gun Supply stocks VMIIs for both, and Allen Yoast Firearms also stocks Sparks products.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Check out my mini review on the SHTF holster that I just purchased for my Glock 27.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

I have a FIST #1A IWB for my G26 and it has been perfect for me. Its a single clip leather IWB with the "body protection" add on. Its light, concealable, and has good retention.

Their website leaves a lot to be desired though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Bear Creek Holsters.
    Minimalist design, Horsehide, & Doug will customize it as you see fit.

It's my EDC, usually under an untucked tee W/jeans.

Click Pics for full-size enjoyment, CTRL-Scroll wheel to zoom in & out.

IMG_0211.jpgIMG_0212.jpg
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Don't call 911, call 1911...

I suffer from chronic & incurable "Condition One"
    But I've learned to live with it.

Had this made for my 26 by Woolfe Gunleather. Wears really nice and feels great.

gatorbait51 and Tundra5.7 like this.

Thanks everyone for the help. I am thinking I might try the Crossbreed Supertuck for the Glock 26. If I find that I like that carry option and it rides well I will probably get one for the Remington r1 1911. I think the irony of the situation is that I got a glock 26 for ccw purposes but the full size 1911 might end up being the most concealable.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I prefer the crossbreed style, many of them out there for sure. Mine is a DeSantis Intruder and I use a DeSantis gun belt as well. Don't be scared about modifying the holster either. For my 1911 I relocated one of the belt straps to angle the 1911 to fit my body frame better and removed a little of the leather with some sheers. I used that gun and holster as my primary carry for a long time and the holster only seems to get more comfortable every time I wear it. Doesn't make the rotation in my carry line up as much but that's only because I keep adding more fun options.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I use the High Noon Public Secret holster for my G-19 and G-23.

photo.jpgImage 4.jpg

Regards,

FlaRon
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links