OWB/Inside Beltline Carry

This is a discussion on OWB/Inside Beltline Carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How the hell didn't I think of this before? I was reviewing a book by Ayoob that mentioned In Belt Carry. Galco Stock IWB size ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By WoodLark

Thread: OWB/Inside Beltline Carry

How the hell didn't I think of this before? I was reviewing a book by Ayoob that mentioned In Belt Carry. Galco Stock IWB size 4+M&P Shield Inside the belt= totally disappeared, no tell-tail blousing of the pants, and no "bite" on the lower back. Conceals better than IWB with this particular holster (I've been carrying IWB with it off and on for about 7 mos).

Anyone else do this? OWB/Inside Belt line?
    They think they don't need firearms because they never have needed them.

"God created man, but Samuel Colt made them equal (more or less)."

Practice makes perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by FireNerd View Post
    How the hell didn't I think of this before? I was reviewing a book by Ayoob that mentioned In Belt Carry. Galco Stock IWB size 4+M&P Shield Inside the belt= totally disappeared, no tell-tail blousing of the pants, and no "bite" on the lower back. Conseals better than IWB with this particular holster (I've been carrying IWB with it off and on for about 7 mos).

Anyone else do this? OWB/Inside Belt line?
    what's the advantage as opposed to just a good sleek comfy OWB holster...??

Quote Originally Posted by Czombie View Post
    what's the advantage as opposed to just a good sleek comfy OWB holster...??
    Having the belt actually go over the gun itself pulling it in tends to hold in closer and conceal it better in lighter clothing.

Sponsor
    That and not having to over size you pants. It does make a difference in where you can place the holster between the belt loops and may not work for you with every pair of pants you own but it can work very well with many different IWB holsters.
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Actually I had never thought about doing this. Tried it today and it seems to work pretty well. Another advantage for those of you who switch between IWB and OWB is that you can do both with a single IWB holster.

I started doing this recently. Apparently my pants have been shrinking for some unknown reason!
    luvmy40 likes this.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by WoodLark View Post
    I started doing this recently. Apparently my pants have been shrinking for some unknown reason!
    So I'm not the only one. I need to change laundry detergent I guess.

I carry with a Glock 17 and a Crossbreed IWB holster. No printing at all. I carry it slightly behind 90 degrees, but still easily accessible from a side draw. I chose to get their combat cut since it allows for a more complete grip on the gun when I draw it. Their standard cut protects more of your skin, but forces you to only grab part of the gun when you draw. I always wear an undershirt, the holster, then a big baggy overshirt or sweatshirt.

Links