Butt won't hold Belt up

Butt won't hold Belt up

This is a discussion on Butt won't hold Belt up within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, according to my wife and several others, I do not have an ass. I am also a little thick around the mid section. I ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Butt won't hold Belt up

Butt won't hold Belt up

So, according to my wife and several others, I do not have an ass. I am also a little thick around the mid section. I am having trouble carrying (around the house for another 60-90 days, Thank you IL) IWB. I have a 5.11 tactical trainer belt and an Old Faithful IWB holster. I carry it about 4 o'clock. No matter how tight I get the belt, the weight pulls the back of my pants down. Since I have no butt, there is nothing to stop it, and since I am "Round" it gets pushed down. I don't have the problem as bad OWB, but I am not sure about carrying that way.

So here is my idea. Put the holster and belt under my pants. I can get it a little tighter and it doesn't seam to sag as much. I know one suggestion will be buy a better belt but, to be honest, I am having trouble parting with $100+ to buy a belt that might do the same thing. I am open to suggestions since with will all be new to me.

Thanks

Note: No need to work around the word "ass" with ass-terisks
    Ass is an acceptable forum word as long as it is not directed toward another forum member.
    QKShooter

What are you carrying?

Maybe a lcp/ airewright something light weight would help. Or maybe a pair of packing shorts/shirt the one with the hoslter in it

Suspenders
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Squats.
    Sister, PJR202, Eric357 and 1 others like this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Google up Perry Suspenders. They are ideal for holding up your trousers while carrying a heavy gun.

Distinguished Member
    I'm a bit more slender, but have found that carrying a full sized 1911 IWB, suspenders and a proper belt (Winderness 5 stitch)do the trick. Just make them part of your everyday attire and no one will really notice the change.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Gun belts need not be a fortune... Winthrop Holster sells a gun belt for 40 bucks. I have not ordered on yet but it is on my list of things to try. for 40 bucks, IMO it is worth a shot. My EDC carry belt is Wilderness Tactical 5 stitch, but I have been looking for something less ugly and made of leather.

Frequent Flyer Belt
    Black Gun Belt
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Booty injections.
    Chuck808, jenatron, PEF and 3 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

With your current 5.11 belt & Old Faithful IWB holster, gear shouldn't be the issue. How heavy a handgun are you concealing?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I have the 511 belt also. I have to pull my pants up when wearing. There are better belts for the same money. You do not have to spend $100 to get a good gun belt.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I prefer to carry my gun at 3:00 and reloads at 9:00 on my belt. I don't have your issue, but if I did, suspenders would be my first try. A shoulder holster would be a second choice for me, A t-shirt with built in holster would be my third try. I tried one by 5.11 and the Velcro would not hold my Glock G29 SF if I bent over from the waist. A smaller gun might work and bending at the knees would be required. I know one guy with your issue who wears a belly band just under his armpits.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Wow, you guys are fast.

I have a Sig P229, .40. Not the lightest, I know, but I am also 6'6" and have 3xl hands for most gloves. I have tried smaller, and i can't get a good grip on them.

The 5.11 belt/OF holster combo work well, until I start walking around, then its all down hill. I never thought about suspenders. I will have to look into that. I have thought about a belly band or a 3 speed holster, but they don't seem to be made for an "around the back" position.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Squats.
    Getting down would be OK, getting back up may be the problem.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    a full regiment of squats in the gym and grow a butt

Distinguished Member
    I am also afflicted with the dreaded "no butt' syndrome. LimaCharlie said it best, suspenders. Good 'spenders, not the cheap ones. Good gun belt and good 'spenders will fix your problem.
    Aceoky likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links