My sexy ankles and a fobus.

This is a discussion on My sexy ankles and a fobus. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not here to be talked out of an ankle holster. Don't try. I have a fobus ruger lcp ankle holster I'm having a heck of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: My sexy ankles and a fobus.

Not here to be talked out of an ankle holster. Don't try. I have a fobus ruger lcp ankle holster I'm having a heck of a time with. Do you rock your ankle holster over a sock? No sock? How do you keep it from sliding down without turning it into a tourniquet? Will a break in period help? Thanks.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Having bought at least 5 Fobus holsters, no, I won't talk you out of an ankle rig, but I'll try to talk you out of a Fobus. They really are what the mathematicians would call the "least lower bound" of holsters. I'll admit that I am unfamiliar with their ankle holsters, but if their 'molded to fit' holster part is any indication, then you have at best a 50% chance of a good fit on your ankle.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member
    Basically the same comments as gasmitty has made. Get a good ankle holster and it will work. I don't care for the Fobus
    anything. IMO, of course...
    Rotorflyr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OneLessPrius View Post
    Not here to be talked out of an ankle holster. Don't try. I have a fobus ruger lcp ankle holster I'm having a heck of a time with. Do you rock your ankle holster over a sock? No sock? How do you keep it from sliding down without turning it into a tourniquet? Will a break in period help? Thanks.
    Need pics to be able to make a good judgement.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

post deleted. It was kind of out of line. Sorry guys.
    WrongRecroom likes this.

Get one that has a upper strap ( calf?) on it . I have a locally made one for small carry guns p3at/lcp ( neporen) I wear it above my socks oh say ankle level a little higher with a calfe strap higher up and it keeps it in places good .

Does yous have a seconday higher up strap if not get one that does that is the key imop. And one that is soft backed that tends to help me . Also you may want losser bell bottom ish pants to help hid it

I looked at them and they dont have a higher strap

maybe look at galco or other brands ?http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...nkle-holsters/

or see if your holster makers sells something like this http://www.amazon.com/Galco-Ankle-Gl...bxgy_sg_text_y

http://www.galcogunleather.com/ankle..._8_6_1019.html is what the style mine is but in neoprean

http://lapolicegear.ecomm-search.com...og-policestuff lot here

i use a galco and have for years. if you go with a cheap ankle holster it will not wear well. you get what you pay for with any holster. cheap is not good when it comes to holsters.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    i use a galco and have for years. if you go with a cheap ankle holster it will not wear well. you get what you pay for with any holster. cheap is not good when it comes to holsters.

Yep . I have found the only way you can kinda of cheep out on are pocket holsters . But that is becasue if they fail it wont dump your gun on the grounds. You dont want that in CA I dont think

Also conratges on LCP in CA off list guns are easy to get here is mine 20131111_151921.jpg and also on getting a permit to carry also not easy

Normal pocket but do carry it ankle as a back up gun sometimes

Well I liked my Fobus ankle holster and never had a problem with mine and it worked on my PPK put it on over sock then cut the top cut off of same color and style sock put it over rig in case pants rode up. Wore it on my cycle thru Utah and NM and Az.

VIP Member
    Most ankle holsters are not universal or unisex. Fobus ankle holsters are not a good choice for comfort or extended wear. It is also not what I would call universal. I can only recommend you Try a good ankle "rig" like the Galco Ankle Glove. It has much more support (all the way to the bottom of the knee) for more comfort (relative to the user) and so that it will stay put.
    WrongRecroom likes this.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Uncle Mike's - The Leader in Shooting Accessories

What i run my LCP in. Size 10 not 1.

Administrator
    Everyone should be made aware of the fact that there are some downright TERRIBLE ankle holsters out there. Worse than terrible actually. Totally Unworkable and Laughable would be a better description.

I believe that ALESSI probably makes the best Ankle Rig out there. Historically it has been considered (by folks that wear them in a professional capacity) to be their #1 choice.

QKShooter Helpful Tip Of The Day.

Do not put your ankle holster on with your firearm inserted. Put the holster on empty...snug it up and only then insert your firearm. It does make a difference.

Alessi Ankle Holster:

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I use a DeSantis Apache and like it a lot. It has an elastic pouch to hold the gun so you can use a couple of different guns (I use a Glock G26 or Taurus 357 revolver), it is backed in lambs' wool for comfort and I highly recommend the extra calf-strap to keep it up. I can wear mine and forget I'm wearing it. Definitely a thumbs up for the extra strap.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

+1 on Desantis Apache ankle holster. Also +1 for the calf strap. I wear mine everyday 10 hours a day or more, the calf strap makes a huge difference. Also +1 on putting the holster on empty, then holster firearm. I wear it over a sock if possible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links