Defensive Carry banner

Question-Alien Holsters

3K views 41 replies 24 participants last post by  ElMonoDelMar 
#1 ·
For you all that have Alien Gear Holsters. My account on Alien Gear shows that my item that I ordered on Dec 15th has gone from pending to hold. WTH does that mean? Thought I'd ask here before I contact them. Thanks

#3 ·
Call them up... but I have seen others report misleading lead times, while others get their holsters in a very short time. They seem kind of inconsistent, part of the reason I have not ordered on to try it.

#6 ·
For perspective, even this summer they were running about 2 weeks or so, and you figure at their price plus word of mouth they've probably been swamped with holiday orders. I like mine, was pleased with the quality for the price. I would definitely contact them, just as a peace of mind thing.

#9 ·
I'm still waiting on a Shield model from a December 21st order. I don't need it yet but I don't like having things I've already paid for just lingering out there with no real ETA. And as I mentioned in my own thread, I'm not thrilled that they list the product as "in stock" when it clearly hasn't been assembled yet.

#10 ·
Hey PJR: Since you just replied, wondering if you could answer my previous reply. Did the $30 include clips or is that extra and how much was shipping?

Further to your reply, I would venture to say that most holster makers are not large inventory, off the shelf, companies and though they wish "in stock" and "within 10 days" it is just a wish and not a fact. There are makers out there who can make you wait months--it is part of the process. "PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE".

#12 ·
It put in an order just after Christmas. Mine hasn't shown any updates yet. I checked on their Facebook page and it looks like they were running 4-6 weeks behind BEFORE the holiday. I also noticed that some of the snaps used for the clips are on backorder. That might explain your hold.

There were a ton of people complaining on FB that they weren't returning e-mails or phone calls because they've been so backed up. If they don't get back to your e-mail fairly quickly, I would suggest posting a nice note on their FB page. Hopefully you'll hear something sooner that way.

#13 ·
I think it was 38 also but I don't know about extra hardware. I'm a very patient person but I ordered an "in stock" item. I knew it was near Christmas so I didn't expect it before Jan 1st but I ordered it specifically because there was no months long shipping estimate. Luckily my CCW class fell through so I don't need it right away, and I bought a Blackhawk OWB (a really nice holster for $20 btw) at Wal Mart for the range and to carry while bow hunting. It's not a huge deal. If it was I'd have cancelled the order. I just thought i'd let people know that if they order it they won't see it in 5 days or anything. They responded to my email quickly when I asked. I think it would be nice though if they could put a realistic estimate. 2-3 weeks in the holster business really isn't that unrealistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#30 ·
Just got it out of the mailbox. :danceban: First impression very favorable. Nice quality and fits my PT 145 like a glove. Good retention. I think I have to raise the clips a notch....riding a little high. The leather wants to lay flat of course because it is thicker than most. I think I need to wear it around the house for a few days and let it mold to my "curves". Hope you all get yours soon...it was worth the wait I believe.:cheerleader1:

#19 ·
I don't like how high the gun rides. There is only one hole in either direction to adjust the holster and the gun still rides higher than I like. Sad, really, because it seems to be a well-made holster and it's comfortable to wear. Seems more well-constructed than others I've used.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

#22 ·
I just received mine a week ago, it took one whole month. I emailed them and got a response that due to the increased holiday orders... it would be 7-14 business days. Well, it took a little longer but very satisfied with the holster, additional hardware they send and warranty.

They are making a quality product for half the price of their competition, so I'm guessing they're experiencing growing pains.

#23 ·
I placed my order on the 1/3/14.. they said on Facebook when I messaged them that their lead time is running about 4 weeks right now. Guys.. they are offering a great product at half the price of the competitor. It was only a matter of time before they got log jammed with orders. Thats the nature of the beast and what happens with any company that offers a very good product for a very good price. Its only natural that they would start getting more busy and their lead times would start to extend. With that said, it is STILL A LOT LESS of a lead time than their competitors IE: initials start with crossbreed... I can't wait to receive mine and Im more than sure I will be very please. Patience is a virtue people.

#24 ·
Again, it's not about the lead time. It's about the lack of communication of what the lead time is and it takes 2 weeks for them to reply to an email requesting status. I ordered mine 12/1/13 and received it 1/3/14. That said it's a good product at a good price. If they were up front on their web site about lead times we would not be having this conversation.

#25 ·
Again, it's not about the lead time. It's about the lack of communication of what the lead time is and it takes 2 week for them to reply to emails. I ordered mine 12/1/13 and received it 1/3/14. That said it's a good product at a good price.
I agree with and about the communication from a company that sells a product. That should be an automatic for companies to have good communication. Also, Im sure it wouldn't be to hard for them to put on their website what their current lead time is on their holsters. That would help a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.