Question-Alien Holsters

Question-Alien Holsters

This is a discussion on Question-Alien Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For you all that have Alien Gear Holsters. My account on Alien Gear shows that my item that I ordered on Dec 15th has gone ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Question-Alien Holsters

Question-Alien Holsters

For you all that have Alien Gear Holsters. My account on Alien Gear shows that my item that I ordered on Dec 15th has gone from pending to hold. WTH does that mean? Thought I'd ask here before I contact them. Thanks

I don't know. Probably best to contact them. My order of 26 Dec still shows "processing". Did your CC charge go through?
    Taurahe likes this.

Call them up... but I have seen others report misleading lead times, while others get their holsters in a very short time. They seem kind of inconsistent, part of the reason I have not ordered on to try it.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

I would call. I ordered one for my shield onDec. 7th and just got a notice e-mail it shipped Tuesday, so seems to be about a month on some. Dan

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    I hesitate to post this but I'm going to go ahead and do it. I ordered a holster from SHTF Gear on December 26th and it was in my mailbox January 4th. Maybe Alien Gear is a whole lot busier?
    Dabster likes this.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

For perspective, even this summer they were running about 2 weeks or so, and you figure at their price plus word of mouth they've probably been swamped with holiday orders. I like mine, was pleased with the quality for the price. I would definitely contact them, just as a peace of mind thing.

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Etyrnus View Post
    For perspective, even this summer they were running about 2 weeks or so, and you figure at their price plus word of mouth they've probably been swamped with holiday orders. I like mine, was pleased with the quality for the price. I would definitely contact them, just as a peace of mind thing.
    I emailed them just after placing my order with a question and got a prompt response that because of the holidays they were on a two week schedule. Hopefully sooner but maybe not. That was a week ago.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    I have emailed and am waiting on response. Two questions: Are clips included in their $30 price? What is shipping cost?

I'm still waiting on a Shield model from a December 21st order. I don't need it yet but I don't like having things I've already paid for just lingering out there with no real ETA. And as I mentioned in my own thread, I'm not thrilled that they list the product as "in stock" when it clearly hasn't been assembled yet.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PJR202 View Post
    I'm still waiting on a Shield model from a December 21st order. I don't need it yet but I don't like having things I've already paid for just lingering out there with no real ETA. And as I mentioned in my own thread, I'm not thrilled that they list the product as "in stock" when it clearly hasn't been assembled yet.
    Hey PJR: Since you just replied, wondering if you could answer my previous reply. Did the $30 include clips or is that extra and how much was shipping?

Further to your reply, I would venture to say that most holster makers are not large inventory, off the shelf, companies and though they wish "in stock" and "within 10 days" it is just a wish and not a fact. There are makers out there who can make you wait months--it is part of the process. "PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE".

My holster came complete with everything including extra hardware it was about 38 bucks including shipping. I use it everyday and now carry my Kimber more than ever.

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    It put in an order just after Christmas. Mine hasn't shown any updates yet. I checked on their Facebook page and it looks like they were running 4-6 weeks behind BEFORE the holiday. I also noticed that some of the snaps used for the clips are on backorder. That might explain your hold.

There were a ton of people complaining on FB that they weren't returning e-mails or phone calls because they've been so backed up. If they don't get back to your e-mail fairly quickly, I would suggest posting a nice note on their FB page. Hopefully you'll hear something sooner that way.

I think it was 38 also but I don't know about extra hardware. I'm a very patient person but I ordered an "in stock" item. I knew it was near Christmas so I didn't expect it before Jan 1st but I ordered it specifically because there was no months long shipping estimate. Luckily my CCW class fell through so I don't need it right away, and I bought a Blackhawk OWB (a really nice holster for $20 btw) at Wal Mart for the range and to carry while bow hunting. It's not a huge deal. If it was I'd have cancelled the order. I just thought i'd let people know that if they order it they won't see it in 5 days or anything. They responded to my email quickly when I asked. I think it would be nice though if they could put a realistic estimate. 2-3 weeks in the holster business really isn't that unrealistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    I have emailed and am waiting on response. Two questions: Are clips included in their $30 price? What is shipping cost?
    Yes, the clips are included. Everything you need to start wearing it right away, including an allen wrench. The shipping is $6.95.

Still waiting for my shield holster as well (ordered on 12/20). I'm sure they're backed up from the holiday season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links