My Vedder Holsters Comforttuck review for my Shield 9mm

This is a discussion on My Vedder Holsters Comforttuck review for my Shield 9mm within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered my Vedder after doing some research on various holster companies. Iíve owned 2 other hybrid holsters prior, a CB Supertuck for my M&P40c ...

Thread: My Vedder Holsters Comforttuck review for my Shield 9mm

I ordered my Vedder after doing some research on various holster companies. Iíve owned 2 other hybrid holsters prior, a CB Supertuck for my M&P40c and a Little Foxx for my LCP. I recently got an M&P Shield 9mm because my 40c was too thick for EDC in my opinion and my LCP felt too much like a pea shooter. I love my Shield now as its thin and easy to conceal yet still brings the punch that a 9mm has. So back to the holsterÖ I stumbled onto Vedder after the wait time for CB was too long than I cared to wait for. Iím glad I found them as the holster is good as, if not better than my CB. They are a family owned and operated business here in the USA and I like to give credit where credit is due to the hard working small business men and women who help make this country so great . So hereís my review of my Vedder Comfort Tuck for my M&P Shield 9mm
    photo 1.jpg

Price: $49.99 When times are tough as they have been for most, me including I was quite pleased the cost vs quality. Iíve seen and owned a few other hybrids... some cheaper (Foxx holster) some more (Crossbreed). In my opinion the quality and craftsmen ship of my Vedder is equal to or better than both. Not knocking Foxx or CB just trying to compare quality to what others might be familiar with.

Shipping: Most hybrid and kydex holster biz out there thatís making quality holsters are averaging weeks or months to ship holsters but Vedder offers ďquick ship" on most of their holsters which ship in 2 business days. I ordered my holster on Sunday, got an email on Tuesday saying it shipped and it arrived in the mail on a Thursday.

Quality: Like I said about price vs quality. This holster rocks in all categories! The leather is top notch. The Kydex shell mold is very detailed and holds the retention well. The clips are strong and hold tight to my belt. All of the hardware has a nice matching black finish to it. They go the extra mile with their metal belt clips too. Most clips on hybrid holsters can squeak when you walk as the metal rubs against the leather. Vedder already has a felt pad installed on back of the clips to prevent this. Iím personally a fan of v clips with Velcro but I thought this was a nice touch.photo 3.jpg

Comfort: As many know, any hybrid holster is only as comfortable as the positioning that fits you best. I found for my body size its right at the 3:30-4 oclock spot. Lets just call it 3:48 The leather has a soft backing that makes it quite comfortable to the touch when the back side rest against your skin (without undershirt).photo 2.jpg

Concealment: Conceals great under just a tshirt. Iíve been out with friends and family and not once have any of them noticed me carrying or printing.

Customer Service: I have to say this is what really sold me on them and one of the reasons I feel compelled to write this review. I had a question regarding the fit of my shield and how it would look on the Comfort tuck mini vs the larger comfort tuck and not only did Mike (the owner) respond to my email with a few hours with a very detailed explanation of both but also included some photos of the 2 so I could get a visual look and better make my decision. I can barely get a response from the other guys.

Guarantee: I cheated and copied and paste this from their site...

What is your 30 day risk free trial?

Itís confidence in knowing that you will be 100% satisfied with your holster purchase. We are so confident that you can wear it for 30 days from the day you receive it and if for whatever reason it is not for you, contact and return it to us within the 30 day period and receive a full refund of the holster price.

What is covered in your Lifetime Warranty?

All Vedder Holstersí Hybrid and Kydex holsters come with a Lifetime Warranty. If for whatever reason the holster fails you (excluding obvious neglect), simply return it and we will make it right. If we canít fix it, weíll replace it.

In wrap up my pros and consÖ

Pros: Good price, quick shipping times, good overall quality.

Cons: They donít currently offer V clips and like all metal clips they can scratch the leather on a couch or in your car if youíre not careful as you plop down. I did however talk with Mike and they are in the works of adding both J and V clips as an option in the near future. So do yourself a favor and at least check them out if youíre looking for a good holster for your CCW. JMO guys... Let me know if you have any questions I'm no expert but can try to answer them and I'd like to hear if anyone else has experience with this company also.
    Vedder Holsters- America's Most Comfortable Concealed Carry Holsters

photo 4.jpg

Nice write up, thanks for all the details. will have to bookmark thier site for future use.

nice write up
    ĒGod grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.Ē
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

thanks. I've been really pleased with holster and company and thought i'd share.

Thanks for the detailed review!

My wife has been using a Vedder belly band for about 6 months now and really likes it. She has used it with a P250SC, Nano, and 2" .357.

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Nice review. You have to love it when a product meets your expectations.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Quote Originally Posted by rwponline View Post
    Thanks for the detailed review!

My wife has been using a Vedder belly band for about 6 months now and really likes it. She has used it with a P250SC, Nano, and 2" .357.
    These belly bands are pretty cool I ordered one and its legit. For $25 you can't beat it.
    NRA Member
    Criminology Student
    Expert in learning :)

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    Good write up.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

Links