Holster Suggestions?

Holster Suggestions?

This is a discussion on Holster Suggestions? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife recently got a new P22 with laser. She was going to carry in her purse but I convinced her that would be a ...

Holster Suggestions?

My wife recently got a new P22 with laser.
    She was going to carry in her purse but I convinced her that would be a bad idea and have her talked into an IWB, strong side holster with a clip as some of her belts are very wide.

Does anyone know of a holster like this for the P22 with laser?
    If not, then does anyone make them?

It's not the most popular nor effective gun but it's what she wanted and feels comfortable with.
    We're looking for something easy to conceal and prefer leather and comfort is always a plus.

Thanks,
    George
    PC has become the term for Political Cowardice.

Hi George,

I sure don't want to offend, but I bought a P-22 for my daughter as a training tool (She's 12), and she hates it. It has been very unreliable and I can shoot tighter groups with my Glocks at 25 yards than I can at 7 with the Walther. I am about to swap it out. (Wanna buy it? )

I would really suggest that she try something different. Having said all that, I would guess that a concealment holster for that particular firearm would most likely be a custom job from most makers, because it really is not a defensive firearm.

Because of the design costs (which often involves making multiple holsters until the design "evolves" into the finished product), I would guess that the cost of the laser, holster and pistol itself would outweigh the financial outlay for a better suited firearm and stock holster. I don't know if any of this helped you or not. Good luck!

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    +1 on Gary's comments! Although any gun is better than no gun, the P22 doesn't have the best record. If she likes the style of it have her try a Walther P99 or P99c. My wife carries the P99c sometimes preferring a 1911 commander. The P99c is the same design, light weight, holsters are readily available and 9mm should be easy for her to adapt to. If your serious about her safety and I'm sure you are that would be the way to go.

I'd pick up and Uncle Mikes IWB nylon holster. Prolly cost around $15 and would be all the she needs. Not sure which size, but maybe a 15 with the laser.

My P22 has been perfect from day 1, I have about 4,000 rounds through it between me and my GF and never a problem. Don't know what to tell you guy's. It's not the best quality made gun out there but it does the job, IMO not a carry piece but that's just me.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    My P22 has been perfect from day 1, I have about 4,000 rounds through it between me and my GF and never a problem. Don't know what to tell you guy's. It's not the best quality made gun out there but it does the job, IMO not a carry piece but that's just me.

Ti.
    Ya wanna buy another one ?

My wife's P22 has also been flawless for 1000 rounds.

Zero failures of any kind and accurate after adjusting the rear sights and replacing the front sight. The laser was also adjustable and I have also sighted in the laser.

Gary, thanks for the info and I'm sorry to hear that you had problems with the P22. The P22 we have has been more reliable right out of the box than some of my other guns including at least one brand name and higher priced 1911 though I will mention that the 1911 in question has now been flawless after the 2nd trip back to the factory.

Personally I like the P22, it's a good plinker and the 22 ammo is dirt cheap so I can afford to shoot all day. My wife is tiny so she doesn't feel comfortable with anything bigger in a gun though I'm keeping my eyes open for something with a more potent caliber that she likes. I'm not overly concerned right now as we live in a decent area, she has access to all my guns except whichever one I'm carrying at the moment and she has fired them all except the 12 gauge but she has a 20 gauge of her own. She is also rarely more than several feet from me unless we're working. The P22 is a great learning gun and will suffice untill we eventually find something she'll like as well.

Thanks for all the input from everone.

George
    PC has become the term for Political Cowardice.

VIP Member
    Probably a holster purse, but, the question is could it carry all the junk women carry in a purse

I have suggestion, if I may. I carry both my Glock 22 and 27 in a Fobus paddle holster. They're about 19.99 and easily obtained through numerous vendors and through fobus directly. Israeli-made Kydex, comfortable and reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland View Post
    Ya wanna buy another one ?
    Naw, one is enough. I got the (and I don't think they make them anymore) carbon fiber frame model. And besides I would probably be to old by the time I could get a holster for it.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Lead Moderator
    I might be able to make 1, would need to know laser and mount dimensions and work from there. I work in kydex , BTW.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I'm a big fan of the P22. I've only had mine for a couple of months now and love shooting it. It's small and very easy to conceal but yet very accurate on the range. I also like how it feels and fits my extra large hand. I've had no problems with mine at all and can't wait to get back out there and shoot it some more. I like the Fobus holster on my person.
    As a citizen of this country I consider it a legal right but yet a privelege to carry a handgun for defensive purposes. I'm also comfortable knowing there are others out there that feel the same way.

they make several holster purse that have an pocket that you open from the outside end of the purse. the gun has it's own spot and the rest of the female stuff does not mix with the gun. my wife has one and she can get to her gun fast. got it at a gun show many mango seasons ago.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Links