Defensive Carry banner

Female carry

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  P95Carry 
#1 ·
So my mother wants to get her CCW and she is ify about it because she wants it on her person. My question is if your wife, mother, any loved ones that are female carry how do they carry the piece? I want to give my mom a coupel ideas but wouldn't even knw whr to start. If you can help me out with that it would be great. Pics or links would be much much better. Thank you

#2 ·
I'm glad she wants to carry it on her person - it seems a lot of women who are new to carry think they have to carry it off-body because they believe they can't carry on body. It can be done, and I do it every day. I wear an ACE Case bellyband holster and I can tuck my little 640 all the way up to my HK USPc in it. :yup:

For more info and pictures, have your mom check out pax's website here.

#3 ·
Much seemingly depends on the degree of commitment - same with guys too really, except guys often have a few more carry options.

My wife is a less than committed carrier - something I am working on. Mostly it will be purse as she does not generally like belts and has no large pockets usually - tho this time of years options do increase.

She has tho recently accepted the use of a belt now and again and so I hope to get her to eventually use my spare rig that I have for the Bersa 380 - and have her get practiced at hip carry OWB. I know she can do it but - just have some bridges to cross :wink:

#7 ·
P95...

I am also working on making my wife a more dedicated CCW'er. I have mentioned before...that it took 32+years to get her to apply for her permit, two more years to even think about 'sometime carry', but this last week...WOW!...

We were driving to work when she mentioned she might try using a holster. Mentally, I almost drove off the road, but verbally I just calmly said...that I thought that was a wise decision and that I would try to find to something that she could comfortably wear...YES! So that is my next goal...not sure of what to exactly do...she's picky...a rare trait in women...:rofl: ...I'm working on it!

I might add, that I have been pouring on the news stories...as much as I can...about carjackings, parking lot problems, kidnappings, ect...I see to it that she hears about every one...this has helped. I'm not pushy, just helping to keep her 'informed'.

Good luck with YOUR better half...I'll keep working on mine!

ret/Ken

#4 ·
Most of the post's that I've seen by women who carry seem to go one of two way's, either purse/fanny pack or when carrying on person, a belly band (of varied makes). I knew a female NYPD officer who when off duty would carry a snubbie in a belly band.
Another option would be a smartcarry or thundewear set up.

Depending on how a woman dresses and how her body is shaped, she may be able to use a traditional holster (ie: iwb/owb) with no more difficulity then a man can.

My wife still isn't sure how she'll carry most of the time (when she carries at all) but I would bet she'll lean towards purse (though I hope to convince her otherwise)

#5 ·
My wife carries a S&W Gunsite Commander, Walther P99c or Colt Cobra on a daily basis. Her favorite holster is a Del Fatti SLP/F but she also likes Lou Alessi's CQC/S. Purse carry she won't even consider but she has carried in a fanny pack. Bottom line is she want's to be in control of her weapon at all times and purse carry does not allow that. Several holster makers make good rigs designed for women and Matt is one of them. Rusty Sherrick also has one for women!

#6 ·
My wife carries her S&W 642 in a Coronado Leather carry purse, but she is searching for a method to carry on-body. A belly band may fit the bill, but not sure yet.

#8 ·
#9 ·
Bumping this up for more opinions since my better half is going through this right now. Happily she is planning on carrying her kimber pro carry.

Any suggestions since she DOESNT want off body carry.
Thanks from the New Peeps in Iowa

Stay low stay safe

Tom

#10 ·
I posted a pic a while back of a female agent using a t-shirt holster. From her perspective, my wifes and my mothers they all prefer that set up when wearing on body due to comfort and the allowablilty to wear "real clothes" (thats their words not mine, LOL). Most female agents I know who wear on body are very uncomfortable with belt type holsters and either go with a shoulder holster or t-shirt type holster. Personally I wish they'd all go with gater holsters, but then I'm stuck in the 1800s with that thought.

#12 ·
Personally I wish they'd all go with gater holsters, but then I'm stuck in the 1800s with that thought.
I was like "What is a gater holster?" I even looked on google and it asked if I really meant "garter holster". Now I get and I would have to agree with you..........:yup:

#11 ·
My wife does not carry but is toying with the idea. She has been using a paddle holster around the house with out a belt. With her snubby revolver it seams to be working pretty good for her. Not ideal I know so we need to perfect it but she hates belts.

#16 ·
I will post this pic of my wife getting ready for the weekly trip to Wally World for the huge amount of groceries we buy. (5 kids...'nuff said)

She carries her gun, and XD .40sc, in a right hand Galco belt holster made of Kydex. In this photo, taken before she bought that holster she has a Fobus right hand paddle holster on. She wears a large shirt over the gun, untucked and it just vanishes.

Hope this helps. You can PM me if you want and I can answer any question you might have or have her answer it.

#17 ·
Looks like that sits extremely well Mike. Just wish I could get my dear wife to use a rig and waist carry - but she hates belts still!

I keep working on it tho :wink:

#19 ·
lima - I had missed your pic selection previously - excellent demonstration and thank you - it must hopefully give our lady CCW's extra and useful ideas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.