Foxx trapp vs foxx little holster?

This is a discussion on Foxx trapp vs foxx little holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a shield and need a holster for it. I will give you a bit of history of my cc needs: I work ...

Thread: Foxx trapp vs foxx little holster?

Foxx trapp vs foxx little holster?

I just bought a shield and need a holster for it. I will give you a bit of history of my cc needs: I work in a school and need something quick on/off, must stay in place well as I have a blackhawk I was using until it came out of the 330 position and almost fell on the ground, Was using a larger carry gun the sig 2340 in a 2 clip hybrid but now have a shield for easier concealment. Just wondering if some of you with both the trapp and little foxx holster could give me the pros and cons of each and possibility of wanting one over the other.

2. Remove Ads

I have Little FoxX and Phlster Skeleton. If I could I would get rid of both and get FoxX Trapp holster and here are my reasons;
    - re-holstering is easier with Skeleton
    - Little FoxX seems to have more retention and at times feels like the gun is not fully seated
    - you can easily place Skeleton in your waistband without fidgeting
    - Skeleton requires a belt (not an issue with Trapp)
    - Little FoxX is more comfortable especially since there is a little flap protecting you from the slides

I hope this helps.

I EDC my shield in a Foxx Little Foxx and have had zero problems with it, and I have had it for going on 6 months now. I like it so much I have one for my SR40C as well. It stays put, is very comfortable, has good retention, weight distribution is excellent. I have not used a Foxx trapp but I have thought of getting one.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

At one point last year I had all 3 of the IWB holsters from Foxx [Trapp, Hybrid, Little Foxx] at the same time for both my m&p 9c and Glocks 19/26.
    I only have the Hybrid and the Trapp now. The Trapp is just more minimalistic to me than the Little Foxx, and that's what I was looking for. It makes it easier [for me] to use when I want to remove and return the holster to my waistband frequently throughout the course of the day. The Little Fox was fine but I didn't need both types. Also, regardless of brand, I am finicky when it comes to single clip/attachment IWB holsters, as they can tend to shift in a way that is 'unpleasant' to me.
    Last edited by Sectionchief; January 15th, 2014 at 02:14 AM.

VIP Member
    I have both...the FoxX Trapp for my S&W Shield 9 and the Little FoxX for my S&W M&P FS 9. I love them both for each gun. I think the Shield would do fantastic in the the Little FoxX as well (maybe vice versa but I don't think so). Both are very comfy...I wear both at the 4/4:30 postion (right handed). I'm not sure what you consider quick on and off (sub 2-3 seconds?), but I would say these are not ultra quick but quick enough for your needs. I'm a pretty simple guy but they do their job remarkably well...I can't give you any cons as of yet and have had both holsters going on 1.5 years.

Here is a pic of mine...Little FoxX on the left and FoxX Trapp on the right.

IMG_5180 (640x480).jpg
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

I bought a foxx little for my shield and just got it in the mail. Looks nice but we know looks isnt whats important in a holster. First impressions are feels comfortable, Conceals and hides my shield very nicely, that being said will take some practice drawing and reholstering nicely out of this holster as it sits low in the pants. I might order a off set clip to try if after the break in period im still concerned with the ride height. As far as the quick on and off seems to work alright def alot easier then a 2 clip hybrid. Hopefully in a few weeks Ill have a better review of how this holster stands to my expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by srings View Post
    I have both...the FoxX Trapp for my S&W Shield 9 and the Little FoxX for my S&W M&P FS 9. I love them both for each gun. I think the Shield would do fantastic in the the Little FoxX as well (maybe vice versa but I don't think so). Both are very comfy...I wear both at the 4/4:30 postion (right handed). I'm not sure what you consider quick on and off (sub 2-3 seconds?), but I would say these are not ultra quick but quick enough for your needs. I'm a pretty simple guy but they do their job remarkably well...I can't give you any cons as of yet and have had both holsters going on 1.5 years.

Here is a pic of mine...Little FoxX on the left and FoxX Trapp on the right.

IMG_5180 (640x480).jpg
    Did your foxx holsters come with that clip? they ship with a different one now that I just received but I think it will be prone to sliding. Mine also doesn't have enough forward can't for my liking.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

I probably would have bought a foxx trap holster right now but they don't make one for the pps. Sad day for me.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ididit View Post
    Did your foxx holsters come with that clip? they ship with a different one now that I just received but I think it will be prone to sliding. Mine also doesn't have enough forward can't for my liking.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Yes...It came with that clip.

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'. Red from Shawshank Redemption
    S&W M&P Full Size 9mm - Little FoxX IWB
    S&W Shield 9mm - FoxX Trapp
    Ruger 10/22 Takedown
    NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member
    Don't let the high post count fool you...I'm just part of the welcoming committee.

Links