Mitch Rosen Gear for my SR1911 CMD

This is a discussion on Mitch Rosen Gear for my SR1911 CMD within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered a Mitch Rosen holster and belt for my new SR1911 CMD from ShopRuger.com. I used the 20% discount for filling out the ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 2 Post By Calvito
  • 1 Post By AK_Brian
  • 1 Post By JDavisArk
  • 1 Post By LimaCharlie
  • 1 Post By Calvito
  • 1 Post By Calvito
  • 1 Post By PAcanis
  • 1 Post By Calvito
  • 1 Post By AK_Brian
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh
  • 1 Post By BlackStallion29

Thread: Mitch Rosen Gear for my SR1911 CMD

I just ordered a Mitch Rosen holster and belt for my new SR1911 CMD from ShopRuger.com. I used the 20% discount for filling out the Owner Notification Card online. Both are in Cuban brown leather with the Ruger logo stamped in the leather. I'll post some personal pictures when they arrive.

Anyone else out there carrying in one of these? How do you like it? Here are some pictures from their website:

Mitch Rosen Ruger SR1911 CMD Holster.jpgMitch Rosen Ruger Belt.jpg

Kinda makes me feel like a Ruger homer, but I like the look and I've heard only good things about Mitch Rosen's products.
    LimaCharlie and blitzburgh like this.

I've looked at the same combo since I too got the same gun and 20% discount. I can't help you with how it is, but if you could help me with a review when you get it and maybe a pic or two of it all together and on I'll be your fan :)
    Calvito likes this.

One of my very first quality holsters was a Mitch Rosen. I still use it to this day with the same pistol. Bout 12 years ago to my thinking. One of the best holsters I have and worth every cent.
    Calvito likes this.
    How much difference is there between terrorism and tyranny?

Good choice!
    Calvito likes this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Quote Originally Posted by AK_Brian View Post
    I've looked at the same combo since I too got the same gun and 20% discount. I can't help you with how it is, but if you could help me with a review when you get it and maybe a pic or two of it all together and on I'll be your fan :)
    I'll post a couple of shots when I get them in. I ordered them on Monday and got an e-mail this morning saying they had shipped. Woo hoo!
    AK_Brian likes this.

Awesome :D

Update With Pictures

IMG95201402049519252195886.jpgIMG95201402049519261595285.jpgIMG95201402049519264395173.jpgIMG_20140204_192608_051.jpg

Here are a few pictures with my new holster. Initial impressions are:

The gun in the holster is very snug (I'm still trying to stretch it too be able to draw without pulling my arm out of socket).

The belt is not very stiff and this causes the holster to sag a bit. Even with this issue, the holster holds tight to me.

Overall, I would say I'm very happy with the holster so far, but I would probably return the belt if I could. (No returns after wearing the leather). It is a nice quality belt, but just not stiff enough for a gun belt IMO.
    blitzburgh likes this.

Nice rig.
    If I have a tight leather holster I wrap the pistol in a layer of wax paper, insert it in the holster and leave it sit overnight. It's good from then on out.
    Calvito likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    Nice rig.
    If I have a tight leather holster I wrap the pistol in a layer of wax paper, insert it in the holster and leave it sit overnight. It's good from then on out.
    Thanks for the tip. I tried the plastic shopping bag. I've gone to two of them to see if that works.
    PAcanis likes this.

Looks good mate! I love the color, and the cant looks good too. Sucks about the belt though, but if it works for now then still a good deal :) Thanks for the pics!
    Calvito likes this.

Great looking rig! I just received my Summer Special 2 for IWB, but I'm in need of an OWB holster and that Mitch Rosen might just be it. Thanks for the heads up on the belt, too.
    Calvito likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    Good looking rig. I don't know why...just my preference I guess, but even on a OWB holster, I believe I'd want a body shield to cover the slide against my body. Sucks to hear the belt isn't to your liking.
    Calvito likes this.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

How are you liking the SR1911?
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I have the SR1911 CMD and think it's fantastic.

There are some clear indications of it not being a top of the line custom work. On mine the barrel bushing had a slight burr, almost a knick, on one edge I filed down and reshaped slightly. The slide serrations have tooling marks at the top of them where they were cut out. The inside of the mag well has some imperfections from the casting, almost like real small ripples. Grips got lose after a few hundred rounds but nothing a quick tightening couldn't fix :P The screws just backed out a bit.

Grips have great checkering, finish is overall awesome, accuracy is very respectable, sights are easy to pick up on, and the trigger is crisp with a bit of takeup. No problems with the MIM parts thus far, though only have about 600 rounds through it. Has fed UMC brass, OLLDD American Eagle Whitebox, reloads with cast lead bullets and Speer JHPs. Overall I like it quite a bit, especially for the sub $700 I paid.

Sponsored Links