Steathgear USA holster initial impressions.

This is a discussion on Steathgear USA holster initial impressions. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well after a long wait I finally got my Stealthgear USA holster this past weekend. So I thought I would do a review, since I ...

Well after a long wait I finally got my Stealthgear USA holster this past weekend. So I thought I would do a review, since I haven't seen many about this holster here. And yes there are pictures for all you picture snobs!

My first impression was it is very well made. It's definitely more than just a kydex shell slapped on a leather back.

The padding is thin but very firm. The mesh backing is a material similar to what football jerseys are usually made of.
    IMG_1259.jpg

The front is a more durable almost like a plastic mesh material.
    IMG_1258.jpg

One problem I have noticed is due to the combat cut in the grip area. It seems to me to be a bit too aggressive and the corner of the tail of the gun just does make contact when I am seated. You can see a comparison with my traditional hybrid holster how much less of the tail it covers.
    Attachment 83746
    IMG_1261.jpg
    IMG_1262.jpg

I might add I didn't have the best luck with their customer service. When I hadn't recieved any shipping notice after the estimated time to ship had passed I wrote them to inquire the status. I was told it would ship by the end of the week. This happened for three weeks before the holster finally shipped in the fourth. So while their website says 4-6 weeks it took more than 10 for me to get mine.

The jury is still up on whether or not I like it. I am still playing with the right positioning and giving it time to break in before I make a final decision.

Ahhhhh you got the Stealthgear Onyx.
    Interested to see how it wears in the hot summer months.
    One of the pricier hybrids I have seen but who knows, it may be worth every penny.
    Keep us updated on how it works for you. Hope you enjoy it

Links