Coronado vests

Coronado vests

This is a discussion on Coronado vests within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just spent the weekend wearing my new Leather vest. It is a concealment vest. Mine is a longer cut to hide a belt holster. ...

Thread: Coronado vests

Coronado vests

I just spent the weekend wearing my new Leather vest.
    It is a concealment vest. Mine is a longer cut to hide a belt holster. It also has a built in holster in the vest. I chose to carry my Para Ord. LTC .45 cal. in the built in holster. At first it seemed a little one sided. all that has to be done is put a clip in the other side and not so one sided. After the weekend was over I did not even notice the weight of the gun. Very nice opition to belt carry.
    http://www.coronadoleather.com/

A Very Nice Looking Vest...

I think they are a little 'costy'...

I'm not sure I would carry IN a vest :vs: IWB or OWB...

I use a 5.11 vest...once in a while (actually I did tonight), but only as a cover garment. I had my Kimber Ultra in a strong side IWB (Fist, Inc.).

Enjoy the vest...The leather looks fantastic!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    I just took a look at their web site, and the vests look nice if not a tad expensive. Which model did you get? I frequently wear a Sig-tac vest as a cover garment. I like it, but it's not always appropriate. It would be nice to have other options. I noticed on the diagram for the Conceal and Cover vest, and the holster was on the right hand side. This would be great for a left handed person, but I'm right handed. Is that the way it comes?

Hi Squawker
    The holster is on both sides. All the holster is a loop of nylon with a velcro flap. It held the gun in place all weekend. Even though I was bending over most of the weekend. Cutting, and splitting and stacking wood.
    Mine is called the CC [Concealed Carry and cover] it is a 2" longer cut, to cover belt carry.
    The vest was a closeout, so the price was not bad. $80

VIP Member
    Looks pretty nice...

I may have to look into one after the Xmas bills are paid...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Ten years ago I bought a Coronado Safari vest (picture) for what I thought was a lot of money. But I wanted it and went ahead. Over the ten years I have worn the heck out of that vest as a concealed carry garment (SIG 220 and a 1911) and it has functioned in terrific fashion. The vest still looks like the day it arrived (will clean it soon for the first time) and proves that quality is as quality does. Great investment.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

VIP Member
    I like the one I have, it is holding up very well. I use it to cover my belt holster. The inside gun pockets are great to use for wallet, extra ammo & phone....etc.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    I love that Safari vest - if I was a man I'd wear one. I bought one for my brother a few years ago for Christmas, and he is really happy with it (other than being allergic to whatever leather treatment chemicals they put in it, which made him break out in a rash). It cost a lot of money, but it's built like a tank.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Sponsored Links