Holster Help Needed

This is a discussion on Holster Help Needed within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just got my Christmas present to myself, a Taurus 415 .41 mag snubby. Great gun. Problem is, I'm having difficulty finding a good holster ...

Thread: Holster Help Needed

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar

Holster Help Needed

I just got my Christmas present to myself, a Taurus 415 .41 mag snubby. Great gun.

Problem is, I'm having difficulty finding a good holster for it. I have a bunch of Milt Sparks holsters, and they are first-freakin' rate pieces of gunleather.

So I called them today to order PMK, and they told me that they don't have a mold for a 415. The closest thing they've got it for the Taurus 450.

I did some looking and discovered that the 450 is 1/2 of one inch shorter than my 451, but other than that, it is pretty much the same gun.

Since Sparks is closed at this hour, I didn't call them back, but I will in the morning to see if they are willing to try to figure out how to deal with that extra half inch. They may not be, and if not, I am good with that. They didn't get the reputation they enjoy by jerry-rigging holsters.

Other holsters that would then come into consideration are the "No Bull Scabbard" by Wild Bill's and the Del Fatti SSR and Del Fatti LP-QS.

Anyone have any suggestions or comments regarding either their experiences with ANY of these four holsters, or Sparks's willingness to diddle a little bit when making a holster?

Holster makers (and I know there are a LOT you who visit this board), please chime in as to any of your products that might also fit the bill (pancake-[I]ish] strong side revolver holsters).

A little cant is probably a good idea and horsehide would be great. I don't know that I prefer high or low ride, as I just don't know that much about the revolver holster game.

Talk to me, oh wiser ones!

2. Remove Ads

You might take a look at www.andrewsleather.com and see if you like anything there. If so give Sam a call. Great guy to deal with but I'll warn you like most top craftsman he has a waiting list!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Have you checked with Kevin at K&D? An Eagle Defender might be just what you're looking for if he's got a mould for that gun.
    Jack

Assistant Administrator
    Jack - best as I recall - that gun is not on Kevin's list of availables.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Links